Turbo blowing a lot of oil

I'm sure the height of the fitting on the pan makes a small difference but in my case this pan was on my drag bike before i bought a 2" pan so I know it works where i have it.

The reed was still in the engine breather so i took that out and took it around the block. Before I did all of this, it would idle and if you blipped the throttle it would smoke. After a minute or two of running, smoke would steadily pour out no matter what. After beating on it a little and getting the turbo to spool up i took it home and it seems a lot better. It was hard to tell but I think it's a lot better now. I think i saw a little smoke but I think the best thing to do at this point is have her run it down the track.

Mine is fixed, would have done it in traffic today had it not. That line trim and nipple angle from pan toward turbo seems to be the thing that fixed it for me. I think. Course I did put 400 miles of highway at 5200 rpm in 2 days too. Some a little higher higher than that. I forgot, when I changed the line angle, I did change the oil too but put same weight/brand in and a new filter. I dunno, I think it was the low spot in the return line that fixed it. I can take a pic of the line if you want.

Well we took it to the drag strip last night. I could still smell a hint of oil but looked better. After 4 runs it started smoking again. Down return road I had a huge cloud behind me. Any ideas? I'm kinda stumped at this point.

I can take a pic of how I redid my return line when I get home. It is almost a straight 45 from turbo to the oil pan fitting. That fixed mine. I do not know if that will help you but I will attach a picture of how my line was before and how it BARELY had a low spot in it because of the front end. It only was a problem because I had the front end lowered as well as the back but raised the back when I did slight extension. Then it just left such a small low spot. I redid the fitting on the pan to angle slightly up toward the fitting on the turbo and cut the line short but I will take a picture when I get home. I doubted myself with this adjustment that it would fix it but it did. Before pic:

oil return line.jpg

With the nipple straight on the pan but the bike slightly lowered in the front, it probably had a slight downward angle. I know the pic is hard to see the line.

Started it up today and it started kind of hard. It's never done that. Smoke is definitely coming out of the breather. I'm gonna do a compression test today and I'm pretty sure it'll tell me hurt piston so theres that in addition to the original problem

Tore it down and found that the rings were stuck on the pistons. The block cleaned up with a hone, and I luckily have the stock pistons from my bike with no miles on them so hopefully i'll have it back together and ready by monday.

Got the motor back together and in the bike today. Still smoking a lot. I think the turbo wasn't rebuilt correctly. I'm not sure what else it could be at this point.

Mine is back to this. Worse than before. I drove it to the store earlier today, no problems. Started it up a minute ago and now the dump pipe is coated with oil and it drips when I shut the bike off. Pours smoke out. I hate intermittent problems but this is something I have no clue why a turbo would just dump oil like that after I fixed the line before.

Mine is back to this. Worse than before. I drove it to the store earlier today, no problems. Started it up a minute ago and now the dump pipe is coated with oil and it drips when I shut the bike off. Pours smoke out. I hate intermittent problems but this is something I have no clue why a turbo would just dump oil like that after I fixed the line before.
did u ever chk valve guide/seals?

I didnt pull the head. I could do a compression leakdown test. But for the amount of oil blowing out of there, liquid oil, I cant think a valve problem would be the issue. I dont think the turbo is sealing.

Back