tupelo performance cycles anyone used them ?

redrednose

Registered
i need a dynotune and the guys at tupelo performance sound great over the phone just wondering if anyone here has used them ??

Chucks a good guy and fully capable of doing that work for you .

He has a tough dyno though so don't expect big numbers unless you have the motor to make them with .

Fixed --

thanks man !!! how tough are we talkin ....i have a real simple setup that runs pretty good im not real big on dyno #s just track #s . i just want the a/f right !

I agree with mountainmotor- I'm from the area and used Chuck in Jan.07--- he still had the dyno at his shop at home when I did mine and was in the process of moving in to his Tupelo location.
My bike didn't put out the numbers I was hoping to see but I heard he had a stingy dyno- I just wanted it to be done right also-

He explained everything to me during the whole tune--- the before when my air/fuel ration was way outta whack then after when he had done his tune and got the air/fuel ratio as close as he could- I was pleased with him....

I was disappointed that I didn't get the numbers I thought I was going to get BUT as far as FEEL--- how the bike felt in power/response as to how it did before I got the tune done was a NIGHT/DAY difference...

I went with a full single exhaust system, small airbox mod, did the pair valve removal,pcIIIusb- so not a lot of extra stuff added--- but I can really tell a difference from riding a fully stocker as compared to mine with just that little bit added and a decent tune done to it---

I also know of a place a little closer to you in Nesbit that does cruiser dyno's as well as sportbikes---- Just a little outside of Southaven---- have you not heard of these folks or is there some reason you don't want to try them?
rock.gif
I am wondering cause I thought about getting another tune done and was thinking about using them---- do you know anything about them?
rock.gif

rock.gif

i have never heard of them coop
rock.gif
?? do you have a name or a #
rock.gif
im open to anything good i have only talked to tupelo and they soung like good folk. im thrilled you had a good experience over there so why would u try somewhere else if you has such good luck ?

rock.gif

I'm still new to the dyno tune thing also and like I said my numbers just kinda disappointed me==== and honestly I didn't know- was it just a stingy dyno or could he have done a more thorough job, etc. I just thought I would try somewhere else to compare the results... as far as difference in chart numbers and difference in FEEL of the bike.... just trying to find the best in our area too...

I have also fabricated me a set of my own little custom exhaust tips to run from my header and wanted to get a map done for it also....

I will find the number and shop name and reply to you in here tomorrow or send you a PM with the info...

See ya--- maybe we could ride out to the dragstrip there in Memphis one weekend... I have a couple of close busa friends and they have a cousin up there they go to see, so maybe we all could get together and ride... I'll get back with ya in the AM...

100_5130copy.jpg

if all you're looking for is a flat a/f ratio across the board then practicaly any dyno shop with the dynjet tunning software can do it for you in short order.

Hey bud...

Here is that information that I told you I would get... they as well as chuck are listed on the tuners list for Ms on the dynojet site...

If you do decide to use the place here that I am mentioning, please PM me with some feedback on how it goes- I am wanting to do another tune sometime this year--- I appreciate it- Chris

INFO:

Precision V Twins Inc.
Model 250i
1632 Hwy 51 North
Nesbit 38651
Tel. 662-429-0399
Tuning Center

Just do yourself a favor and go straight to Chuck. You wont be disappointed and wishing you had gone to him first. Like somebody else said his dyno is fairly tough and I always go by what his dyno says. There are certain builders out their claiming 1397 kits that produce 235HP and when they come to chuck after they are bought from these builders they turn out 215 on race fuel. I'm not saying that the quality of the build isn't good and they don't make power I just think its low business ethics to rate you packages at crazy numbers!. But if all that dyno stuff isn't what your into anyway then it doesnt matter, Chuck will have your bike running properly and you will be pleased

Just do yourself a favor and go straight to Chuck. You wont be disappointed and wishing you had gone to him first. Like somebody else said his dyno is fairly tough and I always go by what his dyno says. There are certain builders out their claiming 1397 kits that produce 235HP and when they come to chuck after they are bought from these builders they turn out 215 on race fuel. I'm not saying that the quality of the build isn't good and they don't make power I just think its low business ethics to rate you packages at crazy numbers!. But if all that dyno stuff isn't what your into anyway then it doesnt matter, Chuck will have your bike running properly and you will be pleased
thumb_up.gif

The dyno is just a tool and not the gospel. Don't get caught up in hp numbers. Take the bike to the track and see THOSE numbers. They can't lie or be manipulated. Chuck does damn good work. I may have my own dyno but I recommend him highly.

I got my bike tuned at Chucks too. I have yosh cams and a Akro Evo full pipe and a few other things. Mine dynoed at 173hp on Chucks dyno. His dyno is stingy, but its right. Dont worry about the numbers on the dyno...just worry about the numbers on the track and how it feels on the street. My bike feels stronger than my friends bike. His dynoed at 188. Mine beats his on the track and on the street also.

Is there Anything to adjust on stock busa? Been told its worth my time to get it dyno'ed just to get a good starting baseline, but honestly i dont know much about this subject.

Coop65sr, looked for u at sturgis but never saw ur bike. I didn't go inside the fence but i did look for ya.

Back