Trolley Tracks and rain dont mix(pics)

ham4864

Registered
Ok so me and a few buddies are out ridding yesterday 8 of us.
So around 10 p.m. we see lightning then a few drops so every body decides ok time to go in we all go our separate ways.Then out of the blue it pours like a monsoon and i just happen to be on a city street with trolley(Philadelphia:banghead:) I saw it coming:whistle:,be fore you know it i was on the ground my back tire hit the track and that was it,:banghead:me sliding down the street.

The only thing hurt was my pride and a little scratch on my left arm Thank god I'm a righty :whistle:

I'm more upset that when people see you fall on a motorcycle they just look at you.

man the the busa is heavy it took me 3 tries in the pouring rain to get it up.

On top of that once i get it up it stops raining and i start laughing:lol:.and cursing.It was so dam hot out the ground even started drying.

I told a few of my other buddies this story about the rain and the tracks and they said when did it rain.:whistle:

I guess that cloud was just over my head.:lol:

But all is well and i have ordered most of the parts that i need.

Here are some pics of the damage.

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

Last edited:
good to hear you're OK and bike's injuries are superficial. looks like the frame sliders worked? best of luck with healing...you and bike :)

DANG, thats bad news.!! Glad you're OK Bro.!!
Good thing you had frame sliders, it could have been worse.!!
Good luck, hope everything's back to normal soon.

Sorry about your luck. We don't have any trolly tracks down here but, I know wet cattle gaurds can be tricky.

Yeah, bro...sorry about the get-off. Rain & riding in general...tricky stuff.

I hate going over train tracks wet OR dry. Glad to see you were'nt badly hurt, get 'er fixed up and get back on your steed!

Good to see you're okay.. :thumbsup: Parts can just be replaced..
But wtf is a trolley?? To me it's a little cart dragged around by little old ladies going to
and from the foodstore.. :D

Sorry about the busa sled. looks like you will be an running in no time.

Good to see you're okay.. :thumbsup: Parts can just be replaced..
But wtf is a trolley?? To me it's a little cart dragged around by little old ladies going to
and from the foodstore.. :D

To answer your question, a trolley is a mass transit in town train (like buses). The catch is they run on rail road tracks that are set into the pavement. Normally not an issue but the problem comes when the cars have worn ruts in the road way. This mean you have a metal rail sticking up that is like ice. You have seen the results.

Trolley.JPG

Trolley.JPG

To answer your question, a trolley is a mass transit in town train (like buses). The catch is they run on rail road tracks that are set into the pavement. Normally not an issue but the problem comes when the cars have worn ruts in the road way. This mean you have a metal rail sticking up that is like ice. You have seen the results.

View attachment 193169

Thanks!!
Now I understand.. =)
My english isn't that good unfortunately..
Yeah that can be slippery as h€ll... We've got a few of those here in
stockholm as well, can't understand how it can be legal..

Back