Ridin in the rain! (Pic)

I kinda enjoy rain rides (always in my jacket) just something different to experience, I rode the "snake"(shady Valley Tn) in the rain and got some good lean angles and decent speed in without losing grip.

Dress for the wreck not for the ride.- idiot car drivers texting dont know your just out for a cruise.

Last edited:
Hopefully, you will not get nailed for not wearing required PPE when riding a bike OFF base (since you also posted a pic as evidence).
P.S. We even have Marine MSF instructors here too.

I could count on one hand how many times I havent ridden without proper PPE. I rarely do it I just didnt want to lug a bag of a change of clothes with me to the beach. Sometimes it just gets annoying.

First, that would be Reefer, and Second, you have still not expanded on this Rain thang!
I am thinking that I must have to do with location and seasonal conditions, am I correct?
:laugh:
It's all good bro!

Bubba

Answer the Questions please!:rulez:
J/K

I rode in this condition in Houston once!:laugh:

you beat me to it by seconds...

Rest assured that I'm NOT trying to be some asshat, giving you a hard time about the essence of wearing proper gear or whatnot. We (.oRg) share the same passion in riding our tamed ferocious beast and there is NO need to see our brothers or sisters getting skin grafts based on recklessness.

rest assured that i'm not trying to be some asshat, giving you a hard time about the essence of wearing proper gear or whatnot. We (.org) share the same passion in riding our tamed ferocious beast and there is no need to see our brothers or sisters getting skin grafts based on recklessness.

+1000

Rest assured that I'm NOT trying to be some asshat, giving you a hard time about the essence of wearing proper gear or whatnot. We (.oRg) share the same passion in riding our tamed ferocious beast and there is NO need to see our brothers or sisters getting skin grafts based on recklessness.

I knows its all out of love! No offense taken cause i understand where you all come from

I could count on one hand how many times I havent ridden without proper PPE. I rarely do it I just didnt want to lug a bag of a change of clothes with me to the beach. Sometimes it just gets annoying.

God forbid you have a spill without PPE on, would not look good when an A & I (Accident & Injury Report) is filed and routed up your chain of command. But that would be the least of your concerns when the road is churning your flesh into road pizza.
P.S. Yes, I am a Navy Corpsman (HMCM, same level as a Master Gunz), done enough A&I reports for Marines involved in bike wrecks.

Last edited:
When you post a pic without gear ...... expect a flaming.
It's your skin..... I just don't want to pay for it. See, I did it and was not trying... sorry.. :laugh:

Last edited:
I like the rain, we road thru the Blue Ridge Parkway for a stretch today, got a nice soaking:laugh: I was wearing my mesh jacket with the rest of my leathers, felt like ac for about 30 min after the rain stopped till my shirt dried.

(HMCM, same level as a Master Gunz)

Did not know that

OP: sorry man, but there is a TON of service members on here. and with the USMC and their agenda with Marines riding, its bound to happen. I remeber being in a safety standdown before and we were making fun of some Gunny that got his pic out here taken on the 94. wifebeater and jeans, non-DOT helmet and base sticker.

Yeah Ive got gore-tex thats real nice and keeps me nice and dry. Rain just caught me on the way back from the beach house.

My gear isn't water proof just sometimes the rain drops really hurt :laugh: I may be some what of a candy arrs for it, but it is what it is. :laugh:

I never ride without jeans, pants. It really makes no sense to me, riding with a helmet and no jacket or jeans, may me you have a helmet law where you live?

What do you think will happen to you if you go down doing 60-70Mph with only wearing a helmet, shorts and t-shirt? I don't get it unless you have a helmet law in your state.

There is no helmet law in my state and I never where a helmet because I feel like it blocks some vision. I enjoy myself better while riding without a helmet, most helmets are hot and heavy in heat, if a bee ever got inside my helmet i would probably crash and die but you would never catch me on my busa wearing shorts or sandals.

Sorry for the thread jack but I after I picked myself up off the floor after reading this I had to address it...

I myself am vary rarely without (as much as I hate wearing them) jeans, jacket, Sidi's and gloves but one thing I will and continue to wear is a/my helmet... law or not. Sometimes hot? Sure. Blocks a little peripheral vision? A tad. And having a bee/insect splatter against my visor opposed to my eye/face is much preferred too.

The possibly of being killed or (if I'm lucky and she takes the responsibility on for life) having my wife/caregiver feeding me and changing my diapers because I "felt better without it" puts the helmet debate into it's proper perspective.

And what happens to your mellon when going down/up against a non-yielding object without a helmet? Last time I checked getting a skin graft was easier then getting a head transplant...

I never ride without jeans, pants. It really makes no sense to me, riding with a helmet and no jacket or jeans, may me you have a helmet law where you live?

What do you think will happen to you if you go down doing 60-70Mph with only wearing a helmet, shorts and t-shirt? I don't get it unless you have a helmet law in your state.

There is no helmet law in my state and I never where a helmet because I feel like it blocks some vision. I enjoy myself better while riding without a helmet, most helmets are hot and heavy in heat, if a bee ever got inside my helmet i would probably crash and die but you would never catch me on my busa wearing shorts or sandals.

When I lived in florida I always road with what you see in the picture above and when I move back that's exactly hat I will wear unless I'm feeling froggy and throttle heavy. I will ALWAYS wear a helmet. Skin heals...brain damage doesnt
Posted via Mobile Device

I ride in the rain from time to time...

Image5 (Medium).jpg

Skin heals...brain damage doesnt
Posted via Mobile Device

hint: skin doesn't always heal and road rash can kill you.

if i'm not mistaken the military won't cover your hospital bill if you get rashed up w/o gear?

so skin is very very expensive too.

1... gear... 2 we do it all the time round here...3 pic lol

SANY0446 (Medium).JPG

Back