track pants

jerseybusa

Registered
OK, I always heard that there was never a dumb question -- but I may be treading very close to one here. Other than squirting shampoo all over my legs putting on my track pants and riding in the rain (which may be enjoyable -- actually)...

How do you all clean your track pants?

Looking for tips on how to take care of mine.

your right
poke.gif

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117978785 -->

Are they lethers or other material? i take my first gear over pants and all my jackets into a dry cleaners

I would think you'd wana do the same to leather? no tag on them anywhere stating washing procedures?

Yes leathers, not really any info on the pants. Had a tag but the wife lost it after I cut it off. So leather goes to dry cleaner? I was looking for ways to take care of them in general.

Thanks

Go to your local Walmart and buy you a bottle of leather cleaner and conditioner, thats what I do...take mild soap and warm waters and just wipe the dirty spots or heavy stained areas. Then go back with the leather cleaner and wipe down then put the conditioner on to keep them soft.....works great for me...
cool.gif

Go to your local Walmart and buy you a bottle of leather cleaner and conditioner, thats what I do...take mild soap and warm waters and just wipe the dirty spots or heavy stained areas. Then go back with the leather cleaner and wipe down then put the conditioner on to keep them soft.....works great for me...
cool.gif
there is your answer i thought you was talking abotu a general all around cleaning i send my stuff to the dry cleaners once a year just to take care of the smell and everything

yeah and don't go overboard on the soapy water leathers don't like it and make sure to condtion them good about once to twice a year depending on how dry they look

Hey Jersey....

Thanks for asking the question. I had picked up a Joe Rocket 2-piece Speedmaster suit, and had no idea how to take care of it properly. After roasting in it at Road America, and sweating my ass off, I was kinda wondering.

Thanks
beerchug.gif

you guys put yer leathers thru the dry cleaning process
rock.gif

doesn't soaking leather in liquid destoy it
rock.gif

rock.gif

Actually, I do not own track pants my dominating wife has a couple of outfits of hers that I must wash.j/k

Thanks for the info on the conditioning stuff from WalMart. I just do not want to get all funky.

I was looking on-line for a can of the Monkey Ass stuff but it was too much on e-bay.

You don't want to have a Dry Cleaner clean leather. Either take them to a Professional that cleans leather or you can use Lexol....they make a cleaner that comes in a orange bottle and a conditioner that comes in a brown bottle. Lexol is the shiat and it's real easy to use.
wink.gif

Back