Ridin in the rain! (Pic)

Lame and stupid excuses.... full gear even in 100 plus wx....your not stupid but some else is and even standing still, u get hit,, bye skin.speed doesnt matter really.... You go down in shorts your toast.....riding in jeans well no different.... jeans hole out easily....but atleast its not shorts....anywho i wear armor under the jeans if i do wear em. This is stupid and sorry but i gotta say you are dumb.....but if you like to ride like that good luck and good for you.... Might as well wear flip flops....Lot of people here with good advice not just preaching.....They care....... I would take heed......but whatever......i say ride how u want!!!!! It your ride man.....id like to see the pics of your knees when u get lucky.....so i can say told you so.....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
The logic is if I'm out go a 40-50mph straight road riding I'm going to wear weather appropriate attire plus a helmet. If I'm out to play ill wear my gear. I will be the one accountable for my actions. I'm not an idiot and I know what can happen. Its my choice and ill live with it. I have mad respect for you esp cause you opened my eyes to pledge :thumbsup: but trust me in that I'm not some dumb kid whose gonna speed in tshirt and shorts and end up in the ER
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed doesn't matter. You could be walking, twist your ankle, go down and bruise your knees. I just care about my brothers and sisters on here. That's all.

(I apologize for the length ahead of time...)

I've been following this thread for a while and thinking about how your processing and responding to posts people are making. I've also followed a couple of your other threads and observed similar posts there. There is something to be said about what others are trying to explain to you RussellJ and there is something to be recognized about your responses as well as the advice you've given here and else where in other forums on the .oRg.

I think it's a good sign to see the civility you've maintained 'under the gun' so to speak. I'm not a fan of insinuating or flat out calling someone stupid. I see this as moving into an area of expressed frustration when another doesn't seem to be 'rising to the occasion' in accepting/adopting what most see as wisdom/sound advice. Kudos to you for demonstrating the intestinal fortitude to stick to your guns. You've given way to the expression of other people's wisdom by acknowledging an understanding of sorts as to the reasons why people prefer to do/ride/wear whatever the way they do.

In my experience it appears there are graces allowed in whatever stage of youth we may be found, especially when it comes to maturing into a better more capable participant of any part of life. We all can appreciate your ability to think/process in some form or manner that continues to allow you the experience of life and even more so the relationships you are building here on the .oRg.

But I would ask you to consider something.

If you've had the chance to spend any time here on the .oRg you know the over all general population of riders are mature, experienced riders with many years of traveling and travailing through the theater of two wheeled thrill and adventure. Those who are still riding after however many years have accumulated a lot of footage about the when and where's of many different episodes along the way. They've learned to ride independent of anyone else's opinion of the what or how they ride with one minor exception, at least in this area.

They accomplished a survival technique seldom experienced by others who haven't been willing to yield to the wisdom of the more experienced, hence their ability to survive and enjoy another day of independence.

I think we all want to promote and encourage others in the pursuit of this freedom. We all want to see each and everyone with such a spirit participate and share with others the joys of accomplishment known through the unity of brotherhood developed through such experiences. This becomes our camaraderie, the bond that ties us all together.

On behalf of those who have made it this far, no one wants to see anyone miss out on such an expression of life. It has such a sweet savor and, as it is with the finer things in life, growths deeper and more fully expressed with age.

How about you take more time to consider that even though we all want to live life without considering the long range impact of our actions, the successful living of it requires our participation in a fashion of forethought for those who are coming along after us, albeit our children, our neighbor's children, our best friend, or some casual observer from another land. Promoting this type of corporate success will ensure a level of survivability that will continue to bring the opportunity for the expression of life to others.

The alternative is dissappearing into obscurity without continuing the legacy that promotes the living we've already successfully lived. This zeal for life defines who we are and not the pursuit of the end of it without forethought or consideration of others. I for one am not the best at it, but I want to learn along with the best and know enough that my pride and ego can be expressed with confidence only as I am willing to humbly aquire the skill to appropriately navigate through the battle between them and my soul. This appears to be the learning of how to survive life with success.

Back