Triple tree tube clamp removal?

maXmood

Registered
Hi guys,

This is for a gen2... i'm in the process of replacing the triple tree clamp + tube clamp.. the top piece was easy to remove, but having a hard time to remove the base (the one with the key housing)..

searched the forum and the service manual, but couldn't find anything about it..

any ideas?

thanks

DSC00105.jpg

Big E

Donating Member
Registered
You need to pop off the four chrome caps to expose the bolt. I usually use a razor blade to get the chrome caps off.

maXmood

Registered
You need to pop off the four chrome caps to expose the bolt. I usually use a razor blade to get the chrome caps off.
caps removed and the top handlebars holder (with suzuki logo) removed already.. i wanna remove the piece below that..

the pic i attached on the first post is for ref only.

this is what i want to remove (ref. pic, not actual)

e6f3e7f7.jpg

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Don't have a clue, but looking at the pic, it looks like the steering head nut and at least two allen bolts clamping the tubes :dunno:

maXmood

Registered
Guys, those pics are reference from the web and not actual ones off my bike.. I'll have a go at it tonight and if it didn't work out I'll snap pics and post em here

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
You're going to need a long punch, prybar, screwdriver, ect.
Something to tap with a hammer from the bottom side.
Tap one side and then the other, so not to get it crooked and in a bind.
Sometimes they come right off with ease, others can be a pain.
Been there, done that, several times.

maXmood

Registered
Yes, had to move all the cables tied to the upper clamp, unbolt the bottom clamp to release the forks, then it was just a matter of wiggling it to come off.

Thanks

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flaviote