Triple tree please help asap

bluebusa05

Registered
I searched through the forums and i cant find anything on how to replace the triple tree cover. i tried loosening the 4 boltd from the bottom but the tops just spin and i am not getting anywhere. someone please help asap

There are "chrome caps" on the top of the tree. They hide the top of allen bolts. Be CAREFUL prying them up, they break easy. Pic w/ them removed
smile.gif

Misc_Pictures_037__Small_.jpg

Uhm.........widest thinnest flat head you got and take your time

I tried a small eyeglass flat head and it tore right thru one.

hmmmm thanks i didnt even think bout those. i cant beleive im such an idiot, ive been trying for like 2 hours, i was soooo pissed

yea, i thought the cover went the length and got a lil aggervated so i busted one with a hammer than relized how they went on, hahaha, guess ill be lookin on ebay for a new set.

Yeah I broke one even though I was taking my time. Dealer price $4.80 a PIECE. I told him I'll try the Hardly shop, they have lots of chrome doodads there.
laugh.gif

There are "chrome caps" on the top of the tree. They hide the top of allen bolts. Be CAREFUL prying them up, they break easy. Pic w/ them removed
smile.gif
LOL, I feel like a tool. Been outside 45 minutes doing the same thing bluebusa05 was doing. Got to thinking about this site and used the search feature....Voila...
biggrin.gif
Man I love this site....Jay

<!--EDIT|carolinadoublej
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143583951 -->

Back