triple tree removal

rockethead

Registered
What tool do I use to remove the top nut on the triple tree? I have to remove the whole set up. I tried to look it up online and on here but no luck. Do you guys know of a part # for the tool or have a pic of it? thanks in advance

Rob

This is where I wanna guess and tell ya something that might be wrong. :laugh:

So..... thin wall socket that is the appropriate size?

Mine actually came off once and somehow flew.forward and landed where the windshield meets the dash, no idea how,it happened. Finger tight back on and no problems since.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

i figured maybe it would be finger tight but i can't get it off. im ready to swap my front end and can't find any info on how to get the nut off.

i figured maybe it would be finger tight but i can't get it off. im ready to swap my front end and can't find any info on how to get the nut off.

May I recommend some trial and error? Or maybe some good ol fashioned force. :laugh:

Enough guys here have taken off front ends before and will know the correct tool/way to do it. Hope they'll see this and post up.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

no I haven't, thanks for posting it up for me..:thumbsup:

I downloaded service manual and owners manual neither goes to pg 311..

ok. downloaded the 99-00 manual. i see pg 311. doesn't seem to hard to do. now I have to find how much those sockets are... I bet they are expensive:laugh:

does your local auto parts store loan/rent out tools? should be FREE to do so. best of luck.

Back