tried to sync my throttle bodies..help!

Well
rock.gif
What was the outcome?
lurk.gif
all_coholic.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

I know I dug this up but I was searching for some info for a member.

Still no update, what da deal
rock.gif
I must admit I really hate a cry for help with no resolution.

Heavybusa and anyone else who might be wondering....

the very next day AFTER I got the throttle body sync fixed, I had a cager almost hit me HEAD ON, but did still side swipe me and make me wreck!!! Had injury to my arm and substantial wreckage.....that was in October and I have just now gotten the bike fixed!!!! TWO MONTHS OF PURE H***!!!!
So, sorry I didn't update this post...everything just got purely CRAZY trying to recover AND battle with the other parties insurance to try and get them to pay...I did post some other threads that told of my wreck AND that I had just gotten the throttles sync'd just before the wreck....AND I just posted a thread of what MY bike looks like now...after the wreck...

Just do a search under "coop65sr" and you'll see.....Just got a little crazy under the stress of the madness....

That's right...you have that awesome blue paint job!
beerchug.gif

Now please tell us what the problem was when syncing...
You were freaking out over that one,we all learn from each others mistakes.
wink.gif

I did NOT have the proper tools===plain and simple.....

I tried to use four vacuum gauges I got from work...they were good quality glycerin filled gauges that we use in the composites field I am in, but totally wwwwaaaaayyyy to jjjjuuuummmmppppyyy for me to get an accurate, precise measurement to get all the throttle bodies in close sync with each other..

I SAY DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU HAVE A SET OF MERCURY STICKS OR SOME OTHER LATEST EQUIPMENT THAT IS MADE SPECIFICALL FOR DOING THIS JOB!!!!

I got up finally with a friend of a friend who had a set of mercury sticks and we had it purring like a kitten in about an hour...just goes to show that the proper tools will make any job a WHOLE lot easier....I will be buying a set of sticks or some of the other recommendations that I have seen on this board BEFORE I do it again....lesson learned the hard way by me
ices_rofl.gif

100_3707copy.jpg

Thanks for the follow up ! I'm glad I got my Sticks 2mths ago for $74.
super.gif

I will challenge anyone with any to beat the accuracy and ease of the PO 'mans, sync'er, fish tank tubing. It tests and sets em to each other not against the gage! But yes the 4 gage will be easier but better be rite. The water in the tube is fool proof. And so easy after you do it rite. It gets it closer than any can. The only thing baffles me is why do you get less MPG after? was 45 to 48 now 43 to 44.8. 
all_coholic.gif
And i double checked for accuracy! I think zuki has it idling on only 2 cyl for passing epa regs. Any know for sure? This happened with my Bandit 1200 too. But idles and runs smoother than it did B4. You can hear all 4 cyl at idle, and won't stall even at 1k idle !!!  Just my 2 cents...
super.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Dec. 27 2006,07:42) The only thing baffles me is why do you get less MPG after? was 45 to 48 now 43 to 44.8. 
all_coholic.gif
And i double checked for accuracy! I think zuki has it idling on only 2 cyl for passing epa regs. Any know for sure? This happened with my Bandit 1200 too. But idles and runs smoother than it did B4. You can hear all 4 cyl at idle, and won't stall even at 1k idle !!!  Just my 2 cents... [/b][/i]
super.gif
Cuz you used the Po Man device rather than the Mercury stick. You can't have your cake and eat it too, ya know.
laugh.gif

Seriously, good question !

Has any board members that have adjusted there throttlebodies using the motion pro experienced the same ill effect ?
rock.gif

Back