cant seem to sync throttle bodies....

Re: cant seem to sync throttle bodies....I hate this bike and will burn it probably..

my first reaction was to do exactly that.. weve been in fist fights before.. He needs tough love.

I probably shouldnt have posted that HERE lol.. just sprung it on everyone.. but its on my heart and wanted prayer..

Re: cant seem to sync throttle bodies....I hate this bike and will burn it probably..

Oh you got it. And I'll also pray that your boot is easily removed from his ass!

Sorry to hear that - puts things in perspective.

B

ok....sooo... back to the bike.. i hajacked my own thread..

I am now leaving to get vac hoses.

ok.. i replaced vaccuum tee, resynced the carbs and took a pic to show you what it showed after 45 mins of trying to get this pos right..

Everytime i barely breathe on the screw, it makes the #1 go way down and then i go the other way barely, and it goes wayyyy up... i wanted to burn the bike..

Anyways, it definitely runs much smoother now..but this is how it was last time i synced it 1000 miles ago.. hopefully it stays this way..

Now, the needle still moves a little at idle... does everyone elses do this? I thought it was steady before the sync, but I could be wrong..

Oh and the metal tubes were constantly moving up and down so the pic isnt accurate to the millimeter.

carbsync.jpg

oh..and the clunk or soft knock that i posted about in another thread.. .GONE... so it mustve been way out of sync and had a vac leak... im hoping.. at any rate its raining so i cant test it 100% yet..

My tach twitches 100 RPM or so.

Did you clean the carbon out? Was there a lot?

That's a close as I ever got it.
Congrats! :thumbsup:

The carb tune looks good. You'll get faster with the sync with practice. And yes, it can be frustrating. The Busa has a bit of a twitchy idle even when everything is perfect. Goes with the high performance teritory. If you had a vacuum leak, the sync you did before wouldn't be correct becasue of the vacuum loss in the system.

thanks guys.. i feel better. It is 100% smoother no doubt.. and that clunkiness is gone.. so i know i did something right. I think the clunk must be almost like a bit of a backfire in the tbs at idle or something, because others have mentioned it when they needed a sync.

Im starting to like my bike.. im so glad i made this post.:beerchug:

(Sorry if this has been raised before, but I'm still at work late and haven't read the whole thread fully...)

How many miles on the bike and when was the last time the valves (intake and exhaust) were adjusted? As BRPO and others noted, a lot of things are intertwined when trying to adjust throttle bodies (or carbs). I always adjust the valves first and have not seen too many cases where TBs go badly out of synch, except when someone was trying to adjust them when the real problem was a poorly adjusted head. (no pun intended!)

you can avoid all of this guessing and bring it to an Auhtorized suzuki dealer and get it done right

I am glad its running good for you now man!

yeah
bro,these
bikes
are
bulletproof

spacekey
on
keyboard
not
working
LOL.
new
keyboard
tomorrow!:laugh:

Anyone else getting tired of seeing the name of this thread?
I love my Busa and would never post a burn it thread here!
Just my opinion, not trying to trash it, I'm just saying.
Bubba

Anyone else getting tired of seeing the name of this thread?
I love my Busa and would never post a burn it thread here!
Just my opinion, not trying to trash it, I'm just saying.
Bubba

I agree. Fixed. But it won't update within the posts made before the change.

thank you for fixing that... I felt like a tool about ten minutes after my post.. it was a rant that i couldnt take back lol..

truth is, im just frustrated because i love the bike and want to ride it..

Im sure things are much better and ill look into the valve adjustment.. how much does that run?

Back