Tried to get lost in a Busa time warp

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
OK, this morning on my way to work, I decided to take the long way into work and hit some twisties. Beautiful morning on a beautiful road, recently repaved. So I'm riding along on this back road which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Not another car in sight, no pedestrians, no dogs in the yards, no cows in the fields, nothing. Just me and my Busa alone in Gods creation.

Crusing along minding my own business down a straight section between two S turns. County sheriff appears around the corner driving toward me. I hit the breaks, he hits he lights, pulls over partially into my lane and motions me over to the side of the road. Writes me for 61 in a 35. In Missouri, it's an automatic reckless driving charge.

Here's the kicker, deputy dog tells me he wouldn't have pulled me over if I were going that fast on Rt. T. Rt. T is full of potholes and patches, more intersections, more driveways, and more traffic. Go figure.

I've already contacted a lawyer. Hopefully, no points or driving school because of this.

id say youll be going to driving school because reguardless of what he said the bottom line is you were still speeding and id say thats how the judge will see it.i hope you get lucky and get out of it though.

id say youll be going to driving school because reguardless of what he said the bottom line is you were still speeding and id say thats how the judge will see it.i hope you get lucky and get out of it though.
+1
Good luck. It seems that 90% of the time cops will tell you they wouldn't have given you a ticket if.... Like I said good luck.

Good Luck.........
smile.gif

That sucks! Hope you are able to work something out though.

Why do you NOT have a radar detector? Is it illegal in MO?
doesnt sound as if he would have gotten too much of a warning anyways.. especially if it were Laser. Thats a point and shoot kinda thang...
Ahhh, yes..but:

The Sheriff wasnt using Laser. Since he was in motion.

Plus, since he was in motion and nailed DennisH coming through an S curve, - then its obvious that the sheriff running with a wide open Continuous-On Radar...

DennisH wouldve noticed it out in those country roads about 20 seconds before he even saw the sheriff.

The cost of a radar detector "good" enough to handle that kind of detecting would be about $250 for a good one on ebay.

I bet any of us would pay $250 up front if we knew it would save us from "reckless driving" charges, or loss of license.

In Missouri, it would have to be legal to posess and use a detector, though, which I havent checked to see if it is.

sucks about the ticket. Here in GA if you go to driving school BEFORE you go to court, they may take it easier on you and reduce the points and the fine as well. It may be something to look into. A wasted day but if it saves you some in the long run it may be worth it.
Good luck

Why do you NOT have a radar detector?  Is it illegal in MO?
doesnt sound as if he would have gotten too much of a warning anyways.. especially if it were Laser.  Thats a point and shoot kinda thang...
Ahhh, yes..but:

The Sheriff wasnt using Laser.  Since he was in motion.  

Plus, since he was in motion and nailed DennisH coming through an S curve, - then its obvious that the sheriff running with a wide open Continuous-On Radar...

DennisH wouldve noticed it out in those country roads about 20 seconds before he even saw the sheriff.

The cost of a radar detector "good" enough to handle that kind of detecting would be about $250 for a good one on ebay.

I bet any of us would pay $250 up front if we knew it would save us from "reckless driving" charges, or loss of license.

In Missouri, it would have to be legal to posess and use a detector, though, which I havent checked to see if it is.
They are legal in Missouri, and I own one. The Busa doesn't have an outlet for it. Wish I would have had it yesterday. Maybe I'll add a power outlet as my next mod.

sucks about the ticket.  Here in GA if you go to driving school BEFORE you go to court, they may take it easier on you and reduce the points and the fine as well.  It may be something to look into.  A wasted day but if it saves you some in the long run it may be worth it.
Good luck
Thanks. I need tosee what the laywer says about all of this. In Missouri, the licensing and points system is run by the Department of Revinue. So, maybe there's a chance to get it reduced to just a hefty fine.

Back