treadwear?

I love the Avon Storm S/T

got them on the B-King and the Busa, cant say enough about them:thumbsup::thumbsup:, great mileage and stick good too.

i must ride way too hard, i'm getting maybe 2500 miles from an oem rear, and about 5k (guessing that's when i'll replace it) from the front. i need a tire that sticks, big time, but i need a bit more wear. if i could get an entire riding season from a set of tires, i'd be happy.

The storms also come with road hazzard warranty... I had a set on the FJR & i got a nail in the tire about 4 days after putting them on.. My dealer warranty them and got a new tire for free...Yes they do stick well...

I also only got about 2500 mile out of my Stock bridgstone tires... Bad tire never again will i buy that tire

Last edited:
Michelin Pilot Road 2's they are awesome, I went from a Battleaxe BT-020R to Pilot Road 2's. Michelin is twice the tire with better wear. The busa I want to has a BT-020R on the back. :banghead:

Just went with a bt016 rear. Haven't put enough miles on it yet to really judge it's abilty, but I will say it sticks alot better than the Conti it replaced and I like conti's got 4k miles on my gixxer with them on there.

They will not last as long as the Pilot Road 2...or the Avon Storm. They use a similar compound and are not much different in traction or handling that most sport tires...the difference is in the carcass, they are made for a heavy, high speed bike. They last about as long as the standard Pilot Power.

cant wait to slipm' on and find out first hand!

Check with Pashnit. He does motorcycle tours and found some tires that gave much better mileage than the others. Check him out!:thumbsup:

i must ride way too hard, i'm getting maybe 2500 miles from an oem rear, and about 5k (guessing that's when i'll replace it) from the front. i need a tire that sticks, big time, but i need a bit more wear. if i could get an entire riding season from a set of tires, i'd be happy.

Oem tires are generally crap. Thats probably why the're wearing so quickly. I think I got maybe 2k out of my oem's back in 2000.

Continental Road Attacks. I got 10K out of rears, 20K out of fronts and could drag my knees with em. Never once made them slip when I wasn't trying.

The HPX tires are useless from a mileage stand point. I got 3200 miles to the cords and managed to burn off the sides in one weekend on the Cherohala Skyway. 40 miles on the interstate would leave rubber pills balled up in the middle. They seemed to grip pretty well, but I've seen race tires last longer.

thanks guys,

avon storms or continental road attacks seem to be the treadwear consensus. shinko on on less expensive side, so now its down to a little algebra for miles per dollar:laugh:

got about 5200kms out of the stock bridgestone ,switched to BT021 will get over 7000kms on that tire.happy with grip and milage.will be switching to avon storms for next season,they sound like a good tire to try next:beerchug:

If you are mainly commuting, stop throwing money away. Get a set of Shinko 009's. They get good mileage and are dirt cheap. If you are doing some twisties, get the 005's, they stick very well. I hate throwing money away on consumables. If you are real agressive or racing, then, ok, get a good name brand. Otherwise, I really see no need to line the streets with expensive rubber that mostly pays for advertising......................

I'm not sure I'd want the longest lasting tire on my bike. Especially the front. I can handle the rear getting squirley but I want the front planted. I don't want to do one of those emergency stops when some soccer mom pulls out in front of me with a load of kids and have the front lock up due to poor traction.

I am going to Bridgestones soon, 16 on the front (To keep that baby planted) and 21 on the rear (Long lasting dual compound tire with good side grip).

Back