treadwear?

dmallord

Registered
Hi All,

I am just about ready to buy some new tires for my baby. I use my bike almost exclusively for commuting to and from work, and as such am looking for a long lasting set of tires. I know there is always a trade-off between stick, and wear, but I think that my days of needing to stick are few and far between. What I am mostly looking for is treadwear.

Which are the longest lasting tires? Of course assuming, no burnouts etc.

Please advise,
David

Not sure I want he "Longest Lasting" tire available on a Busa due to compounds that might be apt to break loose should you jump on the gas hard.. Busa is NOT a tire mileage pro by any standard..

Pirelli Angels are getting some good press as do the Avon Storms (have not run either myself)

Michelin Road2 (ran a set for a few weeks) seem to wear really well but were a bit too "loose" for my riding style.

Bridgestone BT016 front/ BT021 Rear is a good combo as well... (probably my favorite street combo so far outside of the much more $$ corsa 3)

Last edited:
4000 miles out of 2CT's. Just replaced them. Hear some are getting more than that out of them~!~

Of course that's only normal street riding...I have extra wheels and tires to use on the tracks and abuse~!~

Do you think the 021 on the rear is better than the 016 on the rear?

Only in that it will last longer...16 will stick and out perform the 21 in everyway except mileage (durability) the 21 should last twice as long!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Continental makes a tire I've been told will last 20K, but as stated you can forget stick.

Only in that it will last longer...16 will stick and out perform the 21 in everyway except mileage (durability) the 21 should last twice as long!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

what Rich said... Also.. I think the compound on the 021 is too hard myself for the front..

the bike never felt planted and it wore out SUPER fast... so far, I have not seen the BT021 front tire work on a Busa (so far) The BT016 is golden however.. the BT016 is alleged to be a softer compounding but I think the lack of "slippage" makes it last longer..

I've got the Michelin Pilot Road 2's, I've got about 6,000 miles on them and there still in pretty good shape. I'm really pleased how well the rear is holding up against the hp of a turbo. Not a sporty tire by any means but if you want a good mileage tire with decent traction the Michelin is a good choice.

:rulez8bn::worthless: After an 8,000 mile claim we want to see something!

Same here...Avon Storms

I got about 8k out of my last set...and have heard claims of 10-12,000 miles +...it all depends on how hard you ride.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
what Rich said... Also.. I think the compound on the 021 is too hard myself for the front..

the bike never felt planted and it wore out SUPER fast... so far, I have not seen the BT021 front tire work on a Busa (so far) The BT016 is golden however.. the BT016 is alleged to be a softer compounding but I think the lack of "slippage" makes it last longer..

Thank you sir. :bowdown:

i rock bridgestone battleax's...i dont know where all u ppl are gettin 4000 plus outta ur tires? i dont do burnouts...i do ride hard but im gettin 4000 if i ride sketchy on the wear bar...i love the tires tho...they feel sticky in the rain man...i herd conti has the "best wear" but this is all garge bs talk...do the research ur self and form ur own opinion is what i say

I got me a set of HPX from Michelin. Haven't installed yet... still can squeeze some miles on current set. apparently these are made for bik bikes like hayabusa and zx14 (as explained on michelin site). This means they should have a hard center section which should last long especially if you are doing commute riding. But cant confirm this to you, atleast not yet!

I got me a set of HPX from Michelin. Haven't installed yet... still can squeeze some miles on current set. apparently these are made for bik bikes like hayabusa and zx14 (as explained on michelin site). This means they should have a hard center section which should last long especially if you are doing commute riding. But cant confirm this to you, atleast not yet!

They will not last as long as the Pilot Road 2...or the Avon Storm. They use a similar compound and are not much different in traction or handling that most sport tires...the difference is in the carcass, they are made for a heavy, high speed bike. They last about as long as the standard Pilot Power.

Hi All,

I am just about ready to buy some new tires for my baby. I use my bike almost exclusively for commuting to and from work, and as such am looking for a long lasting set of tires. I know there is always a trade-off between stick, and wear, but I think that my days of needing to stick are few and far between. What I am mostly looking for is treadwear.

Please advise,
David

Try an keep price in mind also... shelling out a lot of money for a long lasting tire an loosing it to a nail or something really sucks... I am very happy with my Shinko's so far only 2500 miles on them but still no sign of wear :thumbsup:

Hi All,

Please advise,
David

Hello David,
Good to hear from you again.
Mr. Brown came to town last night and delivered my third rear tire.:thumbsup:
I got a PP 2CT 190/55 r17 for $209.00 delivered, and the dealer will install for $21.20. These are great tires for me and the price is not too bad. I am very disappointed that I did not make it to the twisties more this time, and the sides still have a few grand left, but the middle is worn from all the slabbing to and from work.
May not be the tire for you as it does not last all that long, even with the 2ct, it wears quick in the middle but is sticky icky on the sides. I only got about 6500 out of this one.
I hope we can get together and do a little riding.
See you soon,
Bubba

Back