Traded Busa

always liked the bking.. maybe when i'm older id look for one of them. Wish i could get the tail and swing arm on my Gen2. Congrats on the trade and enjoy it like you should!

There's a post here somewhere of a B-King tail on a busa(gen1 I think, but can be done on either gen too).
Everything bolted up pretty easily as far as I remember, but the seat/seat pan had to be made longer.
Seems more simple to just do a gsxr tail conversion to a Busa, as they look so similiar any way.

I can see why you did it, loved my king, kick myself in the but all the time for selling it.

I've owned a crap load of bikes, all the new latest and greatest and the king has been my favorite.

Good buy:thumbsup:

By the way, I'm a moderator over at the bking forum, give me a shout "Busabeater 2"

3bikes003.jpg

Hey Marty, Do you think your wife will like riding it as much as the busa? My wife love to ride and the BK just does not look that comfy back there. I like the rest of it

I can see why you did it, loved my king, kick myself in the but all the time for selling it.

I've owned a crap load of bikes, all the new latest and greatest and the king has been my favorite.

Good buy:thumbsup:

By the way, I'm a moderator over at the bking forum, give me a shout "Busabeater 2"

3bikes003.jpg

Great looking bike.
I'll definately talk to you on the B-King forum too.
I joined about 2 weeks ago and have been doing alot of reading there.
Thanks alot:beerchug:

Hey Marty, Do you think your wife will like riding it as much as the busa? My wife love to ride and the BK just does not look that comfy back there. I like the rest of it

I think she'll like riding the B-king alot better than the Busa.
The passenger seat is level with the ground, it doesn't slant forward.
It also has a raised thicker front on it.
She won't be hunched forward or sliding into me.
There is more leg room. Alot more, since the previous owner flipped the passenger peg brackets/peg mounts to the opposite sides.
Instead of being swept back at an angle over the swingarm(like a gsxr); they are now pointing straight down, and much lower and further forward.
Look closely at the pics of mine and compare it to another B-King and you'll see what I mean.
I sat back there with the bike on the kickstand, and it's really comfortable.
I'm wondering if given their new lower, more forward position now, that her toes may hit my calves. Looked like they might when I was sitting back there. If so, i'll just put them back the other way.
There's bigger round pegs on it now too, with rubber rings on them for grip and less vibration.
More comfortable than stock, but not great looking.
I put a $23 Tribo gripper seat cover on the Busa passenger seat and it held my wife in place, she wasn't sliding forward on the seat anymore. You could even set your helmet on the passenger seat (on the kickstand) and it wouldn't budge.
I'll be buying one for the B-King.
Her just being able to sit upright comfortably and hold on to me is a big improvement, as opposed to leaning her hands on the Busa gas tank alot of the time. Or leaning on my back(which she trys not to do).
Not having her knees cramped up will help alot too.
She didn't mind the Busa, and she liked it alot better than my gsxr1000 or ZX7ninja.
I think she'll like the B-King alot more.
Take your wife for a ride on it, first warm day she feels up to it.:beerchug:

Looking great! Seen one at the drag strip a while ago, that thing is even more of a wheelie monster compared to the busa. How is it in the corners?

Haven't had a chance to take it on the good curves around here yet(and get rid of the chicken strips, they embarass me:laugh:).
It's been below freezing most nights for a long time here now too.
Roads are cold and I rarely put a knee down in winter.
Has an almost new Q2 rear(which is great), and a new Pilot somethin on the front that the dealer put on.
I personally grew to hate those tires on my Busa. I have no confidence in them on a hot day, let alone the cold.
I'll cruise it through winter and get new Q2's for spring.
Then, I see no problems in dragging knees on the B-King.
I think that having the B-King and Busa(both tuned to similiar hp, on the same tires, and proper suspension sag) ridden by a pro around a track, would show the B-King not having as dramatically lower times as some may think.
It's the same width as the busa(both wider than gsxr), but has more ground clearance, which gives more lean. Wheelbase on B-King is 1.5" longer than Busa(+3 sprocket I plan to add will shave a little off that).
I could really tell how much longer the busas are than the gsxr's, going through the same decreasing radious curves on different bikes. But that's also really pushing the busa, unintentionally scraping fairings, and going faster than I care to go majority of the time anymore.
Going from Busa to B-King is mainly just a change in seating position, you have to try it and you either like it or you don't.
It has a mx, supermoto type feel/rider position to it.
Taller with a higher center of gravity than the busa, but feels about the same lifting it off the kickstand as the busa.
Feels very light with quick steering. Not big fat cruiser handling by any means, sportbike handling.
Easy to ride agressively!:thumbsup:

It look's better now as I had the rearsets chromed an chrome bar ends an the hangar for the pipe is chromed also.

......As far as I know the valves are slightly smaller in diameter....
Negative. Same engine internally. The Busa and B-King use the same part numbers for valves, camshafts etc. The head assembly will cary a different part number due to it being black instead of raw but it is the same head.

Negative. Same engine internally. The Busa and B-King use the same part numbers for valves, camshafts etc. The head assembly will cary a different part number due to it being black instead of raw but it is the same head.

That's what I thought originally, but apparently I got ahold of some misinformation(need to find it so it can be corrected).
Good to know, and thank you sir.

Back