Need some advice

Mphilly

Registered
I currently own and LOVE my 06 Busa. However, something keeps drawing me a B-King. I was curious about a few things

1) How does the B-King Ride compared to a Busa? ( my knees get tired after about 60-70 miles on my busa).

2) How does the B-King do in the curves vs the Busa?

3) Would it be wrong of me to think of the B-King as a kind of streetfighter version of the Busa?

I have never really looked much into the B-King until late. I think they look hella tough, and im interested now. :laugh:

and advise from a B-King expert would be appreciated :;):

I own a O5 Busa and a 08 B King.
1.The Seating position on the B King is far more comfortable than the Busa no stress on my knees shoulders or wrists at all. Some people do not like the stock seat. Personally I switched tot he stock Gel Seat and like it , some hate them. The upright seating position makes the B King easier to ride at low speed and in n congested settings. The wide bars make moving the bike around in a precise manner far easier than it should be for a machine of its size. The seating position also emphasizes the torque of the GEN 2 engine and it feels like it wants to pull your arms out of the socket.
2. The B King is longer than the Busa by 3 inches and ultimately with riders of equal skill sets I would expect the Busa to beat the B King in balls out run through the twisties but not by very much. Again the B King handles far better than logic should allow with 10 k on my B King now I have never found myself thing "I wish this had better Suspension" Oh and the B King has WAY better brakes than the Gen 1 Busa ever thought of having.
3 The Streetfighter title is a bit deceptive, if you are thinking of a Streetfighter as take a stock bike and peel away the plastic adjust the riding ergos and loose some weight in the process , than no. Once you get past the drive train and the wheels damn near nothing on the B King is Busa and it is an entirely different bike . Suspension frame, swing arm brakes are all very different, and the Stock B King has 45+ pounds on the Busa (Swapping out the stock exhaust will loose most of it.) The B King in my opinion would better described as a Sport Standard.
To sum up I love both my big Suzuki's , My Hayabusa is subtle and precise, it slips through the air in such a deceptively easy way way that you can easily find yourself saying "I was going how fast?" The B King from the time you push the starter button seems sing the Dennis Leary Song , I'm an A**hole , it plows through the air with all the subtlety of my 68 396 Chevelle SS. It is all brute force, if the Busa is a surgical tool the B King is a 12 pound hammer.
Hope this helps

Macon454 owned one as well, there's a B-King forum on here. You might find some interesting info there.

Back