Traded Busa

Did the same trade (except for my Gen1 + cash) back in September. The B-King is seriously underrated and a TON of fun to ride. Congrats! :thumbsup:

That's cool but I call BS on the trunk mod because that looks like it has the room of a 1000 and that's not much at all. I think the blacked out bkings look awesome. It doesn't have functional air ram stock?

No. The side panels on the tank sides are open to the air-inlets through the frame but there is no connecting tube inside. You might get some minor ram-air effect if you ride fast enough but you'd likely get blown off the bike first. :laugh:

Congrats on the B-King! Welcome to the fold!!!!!:laugh::thumbsup::thumbsup:
When I first bought mine it would put a smile on my face when riding it. The way it sets right now it is the most fun bike I have ever owned for running back roads which is what most of my riding is. I own something else with a windshield so that is not a concern.

057.jpg

Congrats on the B-King! Welcome to the fold!!!!!:laugh::thumbsup::thumbsup:
When I first bought mine it would put a smile on my face when riding it. The way it sets right now it is the most fun bike I have ever owned for running back roads which is what most of my riding is. I own something else with a windshield so that is not a concern.

057.jpg

That's the plan for mine, blacked out with BST's .
Great looking bike.

No. The side panels on the tank sides are open to the air-inlets through the frame but there is no connecting tube inside. You might get some minor ram-air effect if you ride fast enough but you'd likely get blown off the bike first. :laugh:

According to a couple dyno tests I saw/read, that the modded ram air box made 4 and 5 more hp...on the dyno(likely a few more at triple digit speeds when the air is really going in at or near capacity).
Of course ram air cannot be recreated for a dyno, and the computer calculates how much fuel to compensate for.
However, the busa's airbox is around 10500ccm inside(above the filter), and also has large and fairly straight shot ram air inlets.
The B-King has around 8000ccm of space above the filter in the box. It has no ram air, more like small breather tubes that go through each side of the frame.(It's restrictions will also be removed in ecu editor).
The mod is drilling the holes in the front of the box bigger, and using a NAPA part# for a Ford truck radiator hose(or other custom hoses). They apparently have the right shape to make the 90ish degree bend through the oblong holes in each side of the frame.
They also go up to the screens in the pods on each side of the tank(wire harness's inside can be re-routed).
Now, functional ram air, functional at triple digit speeds, but simply allowing the motor breath at lower speeds.
Cutting elongated large openings in the stock airbox lid was also showing similiar hp gains. Of course it would be always sucking hot air too.
So it seems like getting the stock mufflers off, the converter removed, the butterfly valve in the exhaust opened in ecu ed or removed all together, ecu restrictions removed, a functioning ram air, and dyno tuning is putting the B-King's dyno numbers right along with typical Busa numbers.
Which is what you would expect.
Seems that with the weak tune, exhaust valve, no ram air, and designed restrictive airbox(B-King has smaller gast tank than gen2 Busa), that the B-King is more manageable for those not wanting Busa power...and I still want Busa power:laugh:

Congrats on the trade :thumbsup: I agree with Black Diamond though, your definitely gonna have to post a pic with that front wheel pointed at the sky :cheerleader: I bet that thing is a wheely machine!!

It is, feels like riding a Super, super motard bike:laugh:

Back