Traded Busa

You will have to tell us what you think of the wind at highway speeds compared to the Busa. I have been toying with the idea of doing the same thing you just did, but have not looked into it too much.

I wear earplugs, a balaclava, and a Quiet Rider to enclose the bottom of my helmet in this cool weather.
My helmet also doesn't buffet or blow around.
I'm sitting upright very comfortably, and with more leg room than ever possible on a busa.
Handlebars personally are in a great place for me, arms relaxed outstretched at roughly a 45 degree angle down from the shoulders. There are several other aftermarket bar bends available to help make the bike fit even better.
A 60 or 70mph wind in the chest just seems to hold me there, but definately no feeling of blowing off at around 100mph or less(or much greater I'm sure). Just sitting, cruising, with good suspension and handling.
I was sitting about half way between B-King and stock busa with the Spiegler topclamp and bars I had on my gen2 Busa.
All of the bar setups I had just moved me up little by little allowing the busa windsheild to blast me with air in what felt like a smaller space.
I've sat upright several times at gps'd 150mph(on busa), that's around the point when force of the wind becomes very strong. I'm sure I could sit upright faster, but have grown too old, and wise, to try:laugh:
I'm sure that with enough road, the right gearing and the right conditions, crouched on the gas tank, that a derestricted B-King could easily see 190mph!
Ramble over.
The seat shape fits me great, it holds me in place, yet allows me to move around easily.
The overall seat height is also higher, as well as wider than the Busa.
I can flatfoot Busa seated with slightly bent knee. B-King has my legs straight and both heels off the ground.
I like the B-King's ergonomics in general.
My guess is that the U.S. market didn't like the big mufflers and that's why the B-King never really took off here. As it was and still is sold currently in other parts of the world(or at least was up to this year)
As said, it's so underated. The B-King simply is a Hayabusa in a more upright riding position.
I think alot of the Busa riders that complain the Busa is too small, do taller seats and buell peg/peg lowering mods, would love a B-King if they rode it.
If you're interested, go find one to ride. At least see if it's for you.
Your cruise control mod would be a really tight fit too, but you could get it in there.
I've been considering getting the B-King for a few years now. This deal just happened to come up after I finally decided that I was definately going to sell my Busa buy a B-king.
Best bike I've ridden in years, loved it as soon as I rode it.
No going back to a Busa for me.
Not when I can have the Busa motor in a big dirtbike frame.:laugh:

Just because!
1218111439c.jpg

That black looks great!
post ho' it up, I like pics.
Even before I got the B-king, I wished that the guys with them here would post more of and about them.
The B-King forum is good too(be doing some reading there), but just isn't the same.

Yeah I agree the huge stock mufflers killed it. They look 100% better with aftermarket smaller ones. I can only find a couple bkings in my area and they are all out of my price range so I will stick with the bus for now. How tall are you?

I wanna see a pic of one slammed and stretched :laugh: I think that would look awesome, kinda like a modern version of an old school drag bike :thumbsup:

.....The mod is drilling the holes in the front of the box bigger, and using a NAPA part# for a Ford truck radiator hose(or other custom hoses). They apparently have the right shape to make the 90ish degree bend through the oblong holes in each side of the frame......
If you decide you don't want to use the radiator hoses there is a member on the BK fourm that makes fiberglass runners for the air intakes as can be seen here when I did mine. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/b-king-general-discussion/156002-my-intake-exhaust-mods.html They are not cheap but they fit very well. Also if you think about it before you start your mods there is a lot of weight that can be taken out of the BK.

Sorry about your back, never was a Bking fan, but 1 wheel peel,s bike looks good. I thought the busa was more of a big guys bike?

You know, for exactly the reasons you mentioned is why I have not swapped to the Bking. My mods like cruise control, touring shield, heli-bars, risers, heated grips, lowered pegs, 39 tooth sprocket all make swapping to a Bking a daunting task. I think the only mods I would carry over are heated grips and cruise control, but as you mentioned the cruise control module and servo may not fit.

I think I will start looking for one to ride locally. Thanks for the insight and opinions on the Bking.

always liked the bking.. maybe when i'm older id look for one of them. Wish i could get the tail and swing arm on my Gen2. Congrats on the trade and enjoy it like you should!

I know right, I'm sorry.
Nobody wants to take pictures in the cold, let alone ride with me in it:laugh:
Ecu editor restrictions gone and exhaust valve in midpipe opened.
Set suspension sag.
Shorty levers.
Catalytic converter gutted.
Functional ram air.
Powdercoat swingarm and pegs black(or black Vortex rearsets).
Silencer inserts for 2bros mufflers, they sound good, but too loud for me.
Inserts claim 7 to 8 decibel drop. Hope so.
With the stock mufflers gone there's even room for a trunk mod!
I had had 2bros at one time on the 14r..would rack your head running through town.The 7-8db killers made it just right.At about 5k that Bking will start sounding real evil like ...with those DB's :laugh:

Sorry about your back, never was a Bking fan, but 1 wheel peel,s bike looks good. I thought the busa was more of a big guys bike?

5'10", 175lbs (without leathers) and I never had a problem flatfooting any busa seated, manuvering at any speed, knee dragging, wheelieing, stoppies, stunts, ect.
What bike you ride is all about personal taste in performance, comfort, looks, and what you wanna do with it(most importantly too as WHAT you're able to do with it:laugh:).
Busa does everything well, and was comfortable for me until I injured my back.
Now I prefer the B-King's upright seating position.:beerchug:

How much are the B-kings selling for these days?

Depends.
Only ones I've seen lately(ebay and cycle-trader, not one at any dealer within a 5 hr radious of me, and haven't look any further lately) they are all $8k to $8500.
Earlier this year they seemed to run $6500 to $7500, and saw even cheaper last year(maybe there is a little more demand than there used to me, who knows).
Around 6 to 7k mile average and with aftermarket mufflers on most all of them.
Dealer had the one I got almost a year and price started at $9k back then.
It Had come down to $6975+tax, tag, title.
My trade value was around $7300, at least on paper:laugh: I don't care if and how much money they make off me and my bike, as I'm happy.
Did cost me $18 at the dmv though:laugh:

They are becoming more and more rare. Harder to find so the price is starting to go back up.

Yeah I agree the huge stock mufflers killed it. They look 100% better with aftermarket smaller ones. I can only find a couple bkings in my area and they are all out of my price range so I will stick with the bus for now. How tall are you?

5'10" 34" inseam.

how many years of the b-king did they make???was it 4??? and the motor is the same as the busa?? cams,valves?ecu tuning??

how many years of the b-king did they make???was it 4??? and the motor is the same as the busa?? cams,valves?ecu tuning??

Only shipped to U.S. in 08. Continued to sell elsewhere in the world until this year.
As far as I know the valves are slightly smaller in diameter, supposedly to move peak hp lower and improve low and midrange power. Ecu tune is also different stock.
As well as a butterfly valve in the exhaust midpipe.
Also smaller airbox and no ram air.
It's a little sluggish compared to the stock gen2 Busa, but all that can and will be changed/corrected.
Apparently the Busa and B-King ecu's can be swapped, and everything will work with the exception of the guages.
No real need to physically swap ecu's, as you know it can all be done in ecu editor.
Knowing that there is a realistic 15 to 20ish real rear wheel hp left in there(as the B-king is more restricted), with simple mods and tuning is great. B-King stock or with slipons average 160ish whp.
Regardless if you like it or not, it's definately worth riding if you ever get the chance, or pass my way:beerchug:

Back