Trade Show / Demo bike?

Most cops, and Va State Inspection here in Va don't know motorcycle vehicle laws...fortunately.
The turn signals must be 8" apart.
I have had so many undertails that the 2 signal lights weren't even that wide, and they always passed, and cops never pulled me over or mentioned it.
The front of bikes with fairings makes the signals far enough apart anyway.
Many times the small flush mount front signals can be argued as illegal too, based on them not sticking out to be seen from the front.
I think that if it's a clean and factory looking install, like an undertail, as well as the fact that motorcycle turn signals here are kind of a gray area, since you technically don't have to have them, and can legally use hand signals instead.
Any cop, especially a State Trooper can write you for whatever they want anyway, even if it doesn't stick in court.
From what I've seen, experienced, and heard of here, most of the time the cop has to want you for something else, you've been riding dangerously in neighborhoods or heavy traffic, or something blatant to taunt them, in order for the cops to go after you on a bike(other than just general speeding on a highway, the same as cars).
I think that anymore, the cops have too much on their plates as is, so they pick and choose what really does and doesnt need attention...which isn't nesacerily bad either, lol

Most cops, and Va State Inspection here in Va don't know motorcycle vehicle laws...fortunately.
The turn signals must be 8" apart.
I have had so many undertails that the 2 signal lights weren't even that wide, and they always passed, and cops never pulled me over or mentioned it.
The front of bikes with fairings makes the signals far enough apart anyway.
Many times the small flush mount front signals can be argued as illegal too, based on them not sticking out to be seen from the front.
I think that if it's a clean and factory looking install, like an undertail, as well as the fact that motorcycle turn signals here are kind of a gray area, since you technically don't have to have them, and can legally use hand signals instead.
Any cop, especially a State Trooper can write you for whatever they want anyway, even if it doesn't stick in court.
From what I've seen, experienced, and heard of here, most of the time the cop has to want you for something else, you've been riding dangerously in neighborhoods or heavy traffic, or something blatant to taunt them, in order for the cops to go after you on a bike(other than just general speeding on a highway, the same as cars).
I think that anymore, the cops have too much on their plates as is, so they pick and choose what really does and doesnt need attention...which isn't nesacerily bad either, lol
I’m in northern Va. They’re so anal about everything here

Back