trade my busa

Exactly.... Nobody on here is hostile there's just some of us that's been around enough forums to be able to spot a Troll when we see 1. just like Rubb said you type a little odd and a lot of your sentences and descriptions are very vague and contradictory. If you are who you say you are then post up a pic of your alleged Gen1 Busa with a Akrapovic exhaust with a stock undertail.... do that and you can shut up me and the rest of the skeptics up. Untill then I'm saying your a Troll and according to Rubb you live in your Mom's basement... don't wanna hear the excuse my camera's broke or I can't figure out how to post pics??? It's time to put up or shut up :rulez:

483871_10151376724196538_70405476_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lighter so transition would be a little easier. If you doing a lot of track days I guess it would be an improvement. However if you doing a lot street miles liter bikes have a more aggressive riding position, the ergo's of the Busa are better for street riding.

What do you mean by "not so unbeatable"?

The busa has been around since 99, People see them so much they have lost their visual appeal. The platform is great for modifications because it has been raced to death, Enough used parts are floating around to build a fast bike with less money. You should trade if you lost the visual appeal for your bike, but everything is a give an take, You will miss somethings about the busa just like a guy going from a 1000 will miss somethings about the 1000. I hated riding a passenger on any 1000, felt like more weight on top the bike than the bike itself, Stance keeps passenger sliding into your back pushing you against the tank. 1000 is lighter and feels like you can make it go where you want it to go, but takes a much more aggressive launch in order to get in the power band when racing. Street racing I will have to give it to the 1000, Having had both bikes at the same time, I much rather go home and get the 1000 to race in the street because the tire held better on a non-prepped road surface due to less torque, but at the track with the same tire (Shinko Hook-up) the busa or 14 would out run my 1000 all day everyday but had to babied on the street because of torque.

years back i always heard that hayabusa is the king of hill in speed... average riders the busa will always win stock bikes... but that has changed nowdays... thats what i mean...

Gen1 stock gearing is 17/40.
Try 16/43, that'll make the bike a little quicker, and it should still have a 170mph top end. These sprockets will also fit the stock length chain.
It's inexpensive enough to try.
A Speedohealer will get the speedometer accurate to GPS, even stock the speedometer is off around 7%.
Speedohealer plugs directly into the stock wiring harness and can be set for any sprocket or tire size also.

If you haven't already, set the bike's suspension sag for your body weight.
Stainless steel brake lines will improve the brake feel.
EBC "Extreme Pro" HH pads(ceramic embedded) will shorten your braking distance.
The Gen1 Busa needs improved brakes, these 2 things will help.

Nice looking bike too.

Here are pics of my old bikes I talked about, The busa beats them all with me riding at the track, But it is a fully built 1397.

08 GSXR1000 095.jpg

Ti-Force Pipe 001.jpg

adams arm 012.jpg

Bike Pics May 2013 012.jpg

thanks man.... the sprocket feels like its a must... little curious about dogbones to for a little more 1k feeling ....where do you adjust supspension for your bodyweight???

Setting the suspension for your body weight is setting the suspension sag.
It is a must do, the bike will handle as it should when done.
Search for Dave Moss, Ohlins, or RaceTech setting sportbike suspension sag on Youtube.
It works the same on most bikes with adjustable suspension.

thanks man.... the sprocket feels like its a must... little curious about dogbones to for a little more 1k feeling ....where do you adjust supspension for your bodyweight???

Raising the rear an inch will cause the bike to be able to tip into corners quicker, which will make it feel/handle more like a 1000.

Back