trade my busa

I've pondered this same question several times.

Each time, I jumped on a liter bike and got reminded why I love my Busa so much.

The liter bike is definitely more flickable... it takes less effort to throw it around. It's far lighter... and feels it at slow speeds.
However;
The literbike feels much more "hard edged". Not nearly as comfy, I feel more like I sit on TOP of the bike rather than "in" the bike (busa).

If I had the time to do trackdays, I'd pick up a liter bike. For me though, for the street and backroad twisties... I'll keep the Busa.

OK.....PUT A TURBO ON IT! PROBLEM SOLVED.....Believe Me, Your thoughts of a Liter Bike will be GONE IN THE WIND!!!!!!!!!!:crowbar:

thats sounds a little bit too expensive.(know its the best) .. but more thinking of sprocket change to get better 0-60 times and wheelie capable... you have any knowledge of that ???

Hone your craft...... if you can ride as good as you claim to there is no way you be getting dogged out on a busa :whistle: the liter bikes will get most not ALL in turns. There's a couple guys on this forum that track their busas along side plenty of smaller bikes and they seem to hold their own :whistle:

The difference isn't as great as you think...Gen1 quarter mile times from several sources range from 9.84 to 10.4...the Gen2 is 9.7 to 10.17. These are expert riders and the difference is a few 10ths of a second...work on your skills. If you get a stock liter bike...you'll still be getting beat by someone with a few dollars more into their bike..so either way it comes down to what you want to add to go faster. I'd add it to the Busa..rather than buying a liter bike and having to add to that anyway. Maybe I'm partial...I just bought a Busa...and gave up my liter bike to go faster. (I think this makes 4 cents I've chipped in now :laugh:)

Ref Suzuki Hayabusa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

not with a gen 1 busa...maybe the gen 2 is fast as hell but not the gen 1 anymore ...

Can't agree with you there. Maybe in a straight line with identical riders, but a good rider on a Gen 1 can beat a Gen 2.
heck, my Gen 1 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay quicker than a stock Gen 2!

The difference between Gen1 and Gen isn't as much as you make it out to be. From several sources..Gen1 quarter mile times range between 9.84 to 10.4 seconds. The range from the Gen 2 are 9.7 to 10.17 seconds. (I'm sure there are other numbers...but I found this comparison quick). These are expert riders and the difference is a few tenths at most. So...its not the bike. If it's your skills...you'll just get a liter bike and get beat by better guys on other liter bikes...and Busa's (ouch..wouldn't that suck?). You either get better or spend more money. Getting better is free... but if you're gonna spend money you might as well put it into the bike you already have and know. That's just my 4 cents now altogether :)

Ref Suzuki Hayabusa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sprockets won't change horsepower. What is your size and where are 1000s beating you at? Street roll onz...street twisties.... dragstrip... road course?
Wanna wheelie monster? Go up 3 on the rear sprocket throw a fat girl with a bucket of chicken on the back and have fun.. if you get beat in a race pull over and eat chicken.

my size is xl .... ill get beaten inte strait dragstrip...the ultimate hayabusa are nolonger ultimate...the 1000cc are equal and better... if i owned a gen2 it maybe have felt better... i want to make my bike smaller in size and get more hp on the wheel

I thought the same thing so I bought an 06 gsxr1000 this last winter. I rode it the first 2-3 weeks of riding season when I was finishing up my busas paint job. Yup its faster, yes better in the turns, yes she loves to wheelie. Thought I was in love again. Got my busa done and I have maybe ridden the 1000 a handful of times in the last 2 months. Let my buddy take it to ride because his bike is down. Like it was said above its just hard line. Its made to go fast and that's all. I kept finding every time I got on it that I was speeding way too much way too often. My busa is fast but with the low end I can street ride so much easier. That 1000 has no low end compared to the busa which makes it for me at least harder to ride and not be stupid on. I have raced my two bikes with a rider with the same skill of me. Him riding the 1000 and me on my busa. From dead stop I win from second gear roll on he pulls about 1.5 bikes in front and that's all. To me that's not worth giving up my busa to win. Also I'm 5'6" and 145lbs, so I should love a smaller bike better but just can't give my busa up.

U have 167 HP now.You want more,but dont want to spend much money. Do an airbox mod(free) Get a BMC race filter(used,30-40 bucks) Lose yer pair valve (free) Get a good map done (whatever yer dyno guy charges,150 bucks?)

Now it will have 180 HP.

I did a pipe,K&N(non-race),and a small box mod and got 181 HP.

Still not enough? Yer gonna have to spend more money then.

If all yer concerned about is winning at the track,skip all the engine mods, buy some swing arm extensions,change yer gearing,strap the front down and launch the fuggin thing like you got a pair.
3-4 hundred bucks and nobody will beat you unless they are stretched too.

Yer gonna have to stop whining and crying that the Gen I is no longer the ultimate...yer on a Hayabusa board and that shi7 is getting old.

We all know about the liter bikes. Alot of us own,or have owned both. If yer so freakin un happy with yer Busa,get a second job and buy yer precious liter bike.Then you'll have the bike you want,and will have less time to spend on here talking about it.

Win/Win situation for ALL of us. :laugh:

RSD.

i have akrapovic system and powercommander...and its dynotuned... filter i dont know ..airbox ill think it has (not sure) ... filter and 1 tooth less fron sprocket will that help med??? do i have the re-dyno my bike after thoose install??? ...PLEASE BRO IM NOT PICKING FIGHT HERE...just asking and share my thinking....

Yes. Tune again.

You are always free to ask questions and share your thoughts. No worries.

I also have the same entitlement...plus a lack of endless patience.:laugh:

RSD.

Now you can have the best of both worlds. Busa with liter bike parts.

Of course in that trim,the Busa will be slower,and these conversion are not usually free.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

Back