track day Heartland park Topeka Ks. 7/25/2010

Thats really close by. Never been to a track day... just got my busa and I'm sure I'm not even close enough to comfortable on it yet to participate, but I'd love to ride up and be a spectator, that is, if spectators are welcome. :cheerleader:

I'm in the same boat. I'd go watch and learn but will be in Colorado. Next time!

Thats really close by. Never been to a track day... just got my busa and I'm sure I'm not even close enough to comfortable on it yet to participate, but I'd love to ride up and be a spectator, that is, if spectators are welcome. :cheerleader:

Even if you have not been riding the busa for long, it would be a great experience for you . Track days are NOT racing, even though you can pass other riders in all three classes, it's all about learning. There are classroom sessions, and expert control riders to show you around the track. I recommend it for any skill level, as it will make you a better rider on the street. Of course you can come into the track and hang out with the group at no cost,and I'll even have refreshments for you!:thumbsup:

Thank you, that is so sweet of you guys. But Dennis will be soloing this one. My Mom will be in town for a couple of weeks at the end of July (this month - YIKES).

Darn it, Mary was hoping to spend some time with you.

I hate to do this, but I have to back out. I forgot that I had made a commitment to my Son to take him to see Manchester United play the KC Wizards that day. Wish I could go, but my Son comes first...

Y'all have fun!

Shane, it's pretty much run what ya brung. Standard stuff like tape up the turn signals, remove the headlight fuse, remove or tape mirrors, remove license plate, standard coolant is ok, no need to safety wire. Gear needed is one or two piece leathers, gauntlet type gloves, dot helmet, boots. No spine protector is required. To regester call our shop at 913-631-1111 and ask for parts and tell them you want to sign up for the track day. Cost is $125, no tax.

Thanks Hal, i will see if Marie can get off and if she can we will come, just not sure if she can yet.

When do you need the $$$?

As soon as you can. You can call the shop at 913-631-1111 and ask for parts. Just tell them you want to sign up for the track day. We can do credit cards and paypal. Can't wait to do a track day with you bud!:thumbsup:

I hate to do this, but I have to back out. I forgot that I had made a commitment to my Son to take him to see Manchester United play the KC Wizards that day. Wish I could go, but my Son comes first...

Y'all have fun!

Man, I was looking forward to doing a track day with you, but I understand.

Just got new tires, and I'm not sure my gear is on par.. Not sure I'll be able to spring for new stuff and be able to pay for track day.

Need gloves for sure. Boots? Have some leather boots, not 'sport bike' boots. Pants? I have un-armored non padded leather pants.

I do have a nice armored leather jacket, snell full face helmet.

Man, I was looking forward to doing a track day with you, but I understand.

Send me the schedule, when it starts, lunch, etc. I may be able to come for the morning if I can get a few sessions in...

Just got new tires, and I'm not sure my gear is on par.. Not sure I'll be able to spring for new stuff and be able to pay for track day.

Need gloves for sure. Boots? Have some leather boots, not 'sport bike' boots. Pants? I have un-armored non padded leather pants.

I do have a nice armored leather jacket, snell full face helmet.

I have extra gloves. Your boots are ok if they are over ankle. Leather pants should be ok . Textile is ok too if they zip together.

I'm working on a way to get to this. Gotta a couple of questions though.

I have a leather jacket, textile pants, leather gloves, but no boots. Would high tops be ok if they cover the ankle?
Does the $125 cover the class, or is that additional?
Do they have rental gear at the track?

Hal is there a novice class or anything required before you can get on the track to ride?

Back