Heartland Park Pics and Video 7/25/2010

Cool Video!

How does that HP compare to Hallett. It looks like Hallett was tighter and more technical. (From the grandstands anyhow)

Hallett is much more technical. It took me 5 sessions to start figuring out Hallett. I was pretty comfortable here in 1/2 a session. Heartland Park rewards smooth. The corners flow one to the next and once you get into that flow you can carry alot of speed throught them.

Alright did a little editing.

My fastest burst down the straight, one lap with the slow guy (me), and my pucker moment.

- A lap with the slow guy[/url]

You aren't the slow guy. That was a 2:26 lap you recorded. I was running a 2:15 most of the day. Keep working on smooth and you'll be passing me in no time.

Last edited by a moderator:
You aren't the slow guy. That was a 2:26 lap you recorded. I was running a 2:15 most of the day. Keep working on smooth and you'll be passing me in no time.

:thumbsup:
Felt slow, but I did just let everyone pass me up and get some lead on me.. I felt like I was riding better when I didn't have to pay attention to the people around me... felt like I had the whole track to myself.

How often do these thing go on? specifically @ Heartland? I really really wanna go again. Are they sport bike exclusive? or if someone showed up on say...

One of these: (which by the way are WAY fun to ride wheel stands on:laugh:)
bmw-r1200gs-adventure-front-450x324.jpg

Would they be turned away? Friend of mine saw my video and asked if they would let him run his bike there is why I ask. I mean, I don't think that's even close to what it's made for, but I think he just really wants to go now, and can't buy another bike.

Anyone get the e-mail with the link to the photo's taken by the peeps in the corner?

I dont know about other tracks, but they run super motards at Hallett, whats the diff between that and a motard?

:thumbsup:
Felt slow, but I did just let everyone pass me up and get some lead on me.. I felt like I was riding better when I didn't have to pay attention to the people around me... felt like I had the whole track to myself.

How often do these thing go on? specifically @ Heartland? I really really wanna go again. Are they sport bike exclusive? or if someone showed up on say...

You'd be best checking with the track day organization to be positive. Normally as long as it has speed rated tires and is capable of maintaining track speeds it's allowed.

Last edited:
Moloko, that was a pretty cool "oh crap" moment. Nice to see that you recovered nicely for the next turn. :thumbsup:

Omar, yes, we can tell that he's 13 and you should be proud...that was a pretty nice picture. :lol:

Looks like you all had a great time! Wish that I had a track worthy bike to throw at a track day. Perhaps I will someday.

Back