BusaWhipped 2011 Year In Review

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I have a few hours of video from the year. Hopefully this will help pass the winter days.

The year started out with a trip south into Arkansas. Unfortunately, the ice and snow came in a day earlier than forecasted, and we needed to be rescued by mrsBusaWhipped with the trailer.

This is from the first SLTRYDERZ group ride in April. I had to upload this one to FaceBook since YouTube was being an ass about the audio track.

[fv]1480873481882[/fv]

June opened with the Hayabusa Meet and Greet in Eureka Springs Arkansas. This happy event turned tragic on Saturday when there were 2 crashes during the group ride. It took a while to be able to look at the raw footage to edit something. There are no crash scenes in this video.

I was able to catch a No-Limit stunt show at the NoMar open house with Jason Britten and Eric Hoenshell in June.

I was looking forward to the July trip. A good friend was riding out from Maryland to ride Rt 66. The plan was we would ride Rt 66 from St Louis, MO to Albuquerque, NM together. His family was flying to Albuquerque to meet him for their vacation and I was turning north and heading into Colorado to meet up with another friend for the ride back to St Louis. The first part went pretty much according to plan. By the time we arrived in NM, I was very sick. I winded up spending 4 days in ICU in Albuquerque. mrsBusaWhipped had to come rescue me again with the trailer (1100 miles each way) because I was not well enough to ride home from there. I didn't get much video from this trip and never got around to uploading any of it. Here's a link to the photo album from along the way.

Photo Albumn

MrsBusaWhipped and I were the hosts of the 2011 Hayabusa Mid-West Meet and Greet the last weekend in July. This event is scheduled a year in advance. While everyone would have understood if we cancelled due to my health status at the time, I was not going to let them down. We hosted the event even though I still wasn't well enough to ride. doniton2 took over the group ride for me and I took care of the cooking and lodging.

I was able to start riding again by the end of August. I adopted Cherri (GSXR750) to keep Luci (Hayabusa) company while I was down. Nothing better to pick you up than bike shopping :) Cherri's madden ride was with the STLRYDERZ in September. I learned she was going to need some suspension attention on that ride.

In October I made up for some of the missed riding time in July and August. I started out the month with Cherri at the Heartland Park Raceway. I found that while I push Luci to her limits at the track, Luci's limits and my limits are currently the same thing. My Lap times on the Hayabusa are 2:10s. My lap times on the GSXR750 were also 2:10s. I need to learn how to pass on the outside.

The last trip of the year was a 4 day, 4 state excursion through the Ozark Mountains. 2 Goldwings, and ST1300, and Luci. Most people don't tour on a Hayabusa, but I've never been like most people :)

The winter has been mild this year. I've been able to keep riding most of November and December. STLRYDERZ finished out the year with a group ride to Fast Eddie's in Alton IL on New Year’s Eve day. I didn't shoot video on this one. Here's the photo album.

Photo Albumn

great pics and videos...looking forward to making some more :beerchug:

great stuff Dennis. can't wait for the upcoming season. I'm going to try to do more 2 and 3 day rides this year. I'll be sure to hit you up when making plans.

Great Pics and Videos Dennis! See ya in a couple weeks! Let the 2012 riding season begin!

Back