top speed run

Hemiap

Registered
Well I took a gopro along on a ride recently and had a little fun out on a deserted highway!! I pulled from about 80-175. I have a speedo healer and a 42 tooth sprocket so its dead on!!
YouTube - Busa top speed run

Not sure how to embed videos sorry..

NIce going. I wish there was a road like that in my area. I guess i will have to settle for a dyno pull....U did it right though. No one around thats the way to do it on the highway. good job

The other busa I was chasing was stock. I mainly cought up to him just to prove that thats as fast as his bike is going to go stock. Plus at 175 mph you really have to respect distances in case people are stopping/slowing. Also you cant tell from the video but he was about 15 yards in front of me and a truck just appeared on the horizon coming our way. But it was fun, that 80 mile trip went by real quick running tripple digits!!!

Also To anyone who thinks this was squidish, It was a pretty deserted highway. I was wearing a helmet Leather jacket and racing boots and gloves in 90deg weather!! I was not in shorts and tennis shoes.. Thanks for all the coments, West Texas is full of these roads, but nothing curvy...

The other busa I was chasing was stock. I mainly cought up to him just to prove that thats as fast as his bike is going to go stock. Plus at 175 mph you really have to respect distances in case people are stopping/slowing. Also you cant tell from the video but he was about 15 yards in front of me and a truck just appeared on the horizon coming our way. But it was fun, that 80 mile trip went by real quick running tripple digits!!!

Also To anyone who thinks this was squidish, It was a pretty deserted highway. I was wearing a helmet Leather jacket and racing boots and gloves in 90deg weather!! I was not in shorts and tennis shoes.. Thanks for all the coments, West Texas is full of these roads, but nothing curvy...

Nothing squidish about it, and I'm glad you haven't gotten any hate...yet:laugh:
In case you do those folks need to know that as you said, a truck appeared on the horizon and you slowed down. Your eyes can see Alot further ahead than the camera did. There was no traffic and you weren't endangering anyone.
I've been out there, the most dangerous thing was not going into a trance and crashing from staring at the same endless straight road:laugh:

I actually used the big suction cup mount and set it on the flat spot of the tank up by the bars. I then Safety wired it with a shoelace to make sure if the mount failed I would not lose the camera. But i had no issues with it moving.

Back