where to go for a top speed run

jch364

Registered
I was just wondering where the closest place to Dayton Ohio would be that I could go to do a top speed run..... any ideas?
thanks

Hmmm, wonder what's going on these days at Wilmington (KILM) since DHL bailed out and gave the airport to the city?

I was just wondering where the closest place to Dayton Ohio would be that I could go to do a top speed run..... any ideas?
thanks

Not that I would ever do it but I70 where I675 meet is the safest 4-lane with a median and no access from the sides. You can blast for a mile or so and slow down before any traffic (otherwise out 35 East)... :laugh:

Otherwise, get to a LSR event. If you are running drag strip gearing, you won't have as much fun. With a GPS you might get 180's but not close to 200+...

Here. :thumbsup:

Img_3617_pashnit_busa.jpg

Img_3617_pashnit_busa.jpg

Can you just go over to that airport without worry of a trespassing problem ?

Likely not. However, if one broke open a roll of quarters and dropped them on the ground in front of the airport manager, one could probably distract him/her long enough to get a run or two in. That's how bad the economy is in Wilmington.

I don't know if I should add a smiley icon after that statement, or try to find one that is crying.

It looks like KILM has an operating control tower...though that information might be out of date. I'd be surprised if that lasts very long.

Not that I would ever do it but I70 where I675 meet is the safest 4-lane with a median and no access from the sides. You can blast for a mile or so and slow down before any traffic (otherwise out 35 East)... :laugh:

Otherwise, get to a LSR event. If you are running drag strip gearing, you won't have as much fun. With a GPS you might get 180's but not close to 200+...

there are places on 70 and 35 as you say. Ive run into the popo right there at 75/675..lol he must know thats a good spot too:whistle:. You are quite right about the gearing. there are several things I would have to change around to do such a thing. While i might have been accused of going just slightly faster than the speed limit on rare occasion... :whistle:. I want to do it on the up and up and have some real fun with it. I really am having fun at the drag strip but I think im going to start putting together what would be necessary to go all out. I even looked up Bonneville last night. That is gonna take some planning and some scratch to make it happen. I am going to have to google for lsr events and start researching what i need to do.

I don't know Ohio so I don't know any local places.

For the nearest LSR event I would say Loring in Maine but that's only once a year. The next closest is Maxton (5 events per year). Then you've got Texas, Bonneville, and Florida.

there are places on 70 and 35 as you say. Ive run into the popo right there at 75/675..lol he must know thats a good spot too:whistle:. You are quite right about the gearing. there are several things I would have to change around to do such a thing. While i might have been accused of going just slightly faster than the speed limit on rare occasion... :whistle:. I want to do it on the up and up and have some real fun with it. I really am having fun at the drag strip but I think im going to start putting together what would be necessary to go all out. I even looked up Bonneville last night. That is gonna take some planning and some scratch to make it happen. I am going to have to google for lsr events and start researching what i need to do.

Get ready and come on down to Texas! :thumbsup:

Back