Top Gun undertail Installed...!!

EAKbusa... If I was in the states i would sell you mine :)
Search for ERMAX undertails (http://www.frogspecialties.com/), they have a nice one which keeps the stock lights.

And here you can see one of the ugliest i've seen (hope no one here uses one!!!):
http://www.competitionwerkes.com/Catalog/hayabusa_915382.htm

I heard about Topline undertails (french brand). anyone uses one of these?
Hey I like that undertail...I mean I would take it and have it powdercoated black but I think it's sorta cool... But hay varity in opinions is good...Funny though, I do kinda groove on it...

Check with the Icemann if you're looking at the Lieberteks (sp?). He's got some that are very nice, and he's got quality stuff.

My $0.02.

Those libertek's look nice (thanks loboboy!) but geez - $200+ for them is more than the cost of the top gun! :sad:

Sweet undertail, check out my azz,(note: the plate)

Oh and the chicken strips keep getting smaller!!!!

right_rear_of_hayabusa_NICE_.jpg

Those libertek's look nice (thanks loboboy!) but geez - $200+ for them is more than the cost of the top gun!  :sad:
check wiht Iceman he is on the site and I beleive he has some LED's that are similar to the Liberteks but at a cheaper price. I got mine because I ordered the undertail and the lights off of Gixxer.com from CCPperformance for 425.00 for the whole thing. Call Chris at ccpperformance and he might be able to give you a better price.

more pix today of my new TG tail:

I have a possible dumb question on this one though hehe, Is it mandatory to have my busa remapped after I install this? What will happen if I dont remap it and ride with a stock map for a few weeks?

I also installed a brand new K&N filter today! I need to chill on the mods before I get out of control!!! :super:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and installed the Yosh full system today. While I had my stock exhaust off, I did the pair mod and I also changed oil and went Mobil 1 15w 50 Red Cap while I was at it too.

Somethin' really bad happened though and it pissed me off. I crossthreaded one of the damn header bolts in the head. I spent alot of time on that one bolt trying to get it going in straight but in the end I now have a crossthreaded bolt only threaded in half way in the head. But it is tight and I have no exhaust leak from it...

I started it up and it has a great deep mellow sound just like what I was looking for. Not to loud and not to quiet.

Sweet thanks for the pics man. As for having your Baby remapped, YES, I believe it is allmost mandatory to have her remapped to really get the best out of your new pipe. Might want to instal a new Hi-Flow Filter then take her in to be remapped and get a nice Dyno sheet to see what you are now working with...

Okay, I think I am pretty much done with mods.... Over the last few weeks, the Modification Bug bit me and $$ starting flying everywhere. hehe Anyway, I figured I would post some last pix of it with the new Full Yosh system because like I said, I am done (atleast this summer) with mods!

BTW, I have been riding it without being remapped and it runs & drives fine. Dont get me wrong, I can see where remapping it would probably smooth it out throughout the RPM range, specially from about 2k-5.5k...... I am definitely going to remap it SOON though. And I absolutely love the DEEP MELLOW sound of the system with the Carbon can!!

what size bulbs do you use for the signals on the Top Gun? I have the UFO i just got installed and one of the bulbs it came with is out and its a 1223k but nobody has those around here :-(

(loboboy @ Sep. 18 2003,18:25)
(maoz @ Sep. 18 2003,8:28) Those libertek's look nice (thanks loboboy!) but geez - $200+ for them is more than the cost of the top gun!
sad.gif
check wiht Iceman he is on the site and I beleive he has some LED's that are similar to the Liberteks but at a cheaper price. I got mine because I ordered the undertail and the lights off of Gixxer.com from CCPperformance for 425.00 for the whole thing. Call Chris at ccpperformance and he might be able to give you a better price.
exactly what I did

Back