Took the ole gal for a short walk today

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
I went down to the range and put 48 rounds through a some paper to see what the Garand could do. 25 yards and the first time out I would say not to bad. This is only the second time I've shot iron sights so I'm still trying to figure out the best way to line up the shot. If was a little high and to the right but my grouping wasn't all that bad. The bull's eye is 2in.

garand1.jpg

target.jpg

Not bad, now back it up to a hundred and stay in the bulls eye.

How did it feel my brother ?

Looks like fun. Decent grouping, especially left/right. You can do it at 100.

What are the sight adjustments like?

Can you mount it on your Busa for the ass holes in the cars in front of you? :laugh:

Not bad, now back it up to a hundred and stay in the bulls eye.

How did it feel my brother ?

Thanks. It felt great but did leave me a little sore but nothing to bad. I need to find a better range. I know where there is a range about an hour out that has up to 300 yards. The bulls eye would be nice I'm sure one of these days I'll hit it more then just a few times. :laugh:

Last edited:
Looks like fun. Decent grouping, especially left/right. You can do it at 100.

What are the sight adjustments like?

Thanks it was fun and once I get better with the sights I should do better. The sight adjustments are the same as other guns. They adjust for windage and elevation with a turn of the knobs on either side.

sights.jpg

nice :cool:

might check with the local county, I know in NC they had a range that had a really long indoor and some other shorter ones. they used it for police training and public use, cheap and you could fire anything you could carry in... and yes that was the rules but YOU had to carry it :laugh:

saw some guy in there on the long range with a .50 sniper rifle :thumbsup: that fugger was LOUD

BRM brother BRM (Basic Rifle Marksmanship) Maybe this will help you see what that ole gal can really do! This manual was written around the M16 but the fundamentals are the same for any rifle.

In theory you should be able to zero her with just 9 rounds:
  • first 3 round group (shows where it's shooting, don't adjust sights)
  • second 3 round group (confirms it's the rifle not you, now adjust sights)
  • third 3 round group (confirms adjustment)

Proper sight picture everytime, controlled breathing, good body position and trigger squeeze are the key to consistant kill shots.

Those peep sights are different from the traditional blade sight of a hunting rifle. Now-a-days they're allowing Soldiers in basic to place a marker(tape or 550 cord held by tape) on their rifle stocks, this is so each time they put their cheek to the stock its in the same place for each and every shot..

nice :cool:

might check with the local county, I know in NC they had a range that had a really long indoor and some other shorter ones. they used it for police training and public use, cheap and you could fire anything you could carry in... and yes that was the rules but YOU had to carry it :laugh:

saw some guy in there on the long range with a .50 sniper rifle :thumbsup: that fugger was LOUD

I'll have to look into that. :beerchug:

BRM brother BRM (Basic Rifle Marksmanship) Maybe this will help you see what that ole gal can really do! This manual was written around the M16 but the fundamentals are the same for any rifle.

In theory you should be able to zero her with just 9 rounds:
  • first 3 round group (shows where it's shooting, don't adjust sights)
  • second 3 round group (confirms it's the rifle not you, now adjust sights)
  • third 3 round group (confirms adjustment)

Proper sight picture everytime, controlled breathing, good body position and trigger squeeze are the key to consistant kill shots.

Those peep sights are different from the traditional blade sight of a hunting rifle. Now-a-days they're allowing Soldiers in basic to place a marker(tape or 550 cord held by tape) on their rifle stocks, this is so each time they put their cheek to the stock its in the same place for each and every shot..

Thanks for the link. I'll have to read that. Yeah peep sights are going to take a little getting use to.

Back