took the M1A to the range the other day

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
I'm still not use to iron sites yet, this was the first time out with the M1A and this is only out 50 yards but I think I did pretty good. Here are the first 17 shots through the rifle.

HPIM1430 - Copy.JPG

target.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Next week I'll have a scope on it and go out to 100 yards. I can't wait to see what I can do then.

We have to shot 25 and 100 on iron sights with the M4. Just have to remember that 2" diff up close :laugh:

We used to qualify with that weapon out to 600yrds using just the open sights. Of course we used "man sized" targets in the Marine Corps.

I still have a M1 Garand that I absolutely love to shoot!

I want to pick up a M1A soon but can not get myself to spend 1500-1800 for one yet.

Edited to add, Yes I did my first two enlistments in the Marine Corps before I enlisted in the Texas Army National Guard. Now that should explain the "SFC" part, Semper Fi!

Last edited:
looks like results after I let my Enfield .303 mk1 looseon a damned nazi paper at 50yds.

I want a WWII era garand BADLY. But I don't have all the qualifications for pickin one up at the armory in Camp Perry, Ohio. Civilians can purchase but must have certain qualifications
Posted via Mobile Device

The old M1 Garands (top rifle) shoots 30-06 and the new M1A shoots .308
Both are good rounds, Have deer hunted with both calibers. Bullistics are almost the same but the 308 is shorter. I was told it was due to the powder charge in the 308. I don't know.

Back