Took off my front sprocket cover

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
Got the fairing off and hung the coolant bottle out of the way using a bungie cord off the left handle bar.  Proceded to take the sprocket cover off.

winter062.jpg

Second pic is blurry - sorry but you can see after removing most of the gunk sprocket is in excellant condition.  I cleaned some more gunk off - totally cleaned the chain with WD40 - ran it for a while in gear - then sprayed some Maxima Chain Wax on it.  

winter063.jpg

Cover came off easy - after I got the 4 chrome bolts off all I did was wiggle the cover back and forth for a few seconds and off she came.  This is definatly something I'm going to do more often now that I've seen how much sh*t builds up in there.

I noticed some surface rust in the swing arm bolt after I just saw these pictures.  The previuos owner used to wash the bike with a garden hose.  This isn't something I do - I use Honda polish.  What should I do about that little rust?  Some WD40?  Polish with my Dremel? Suggestions?

Looks good! I have seen worse. Mine when it had 3500 miles on it.
laugh.gif

Just clean her up a little and good to go.

runeight...

looks good.
for the bolt try some silcone spray or something heaver than wd for the bolt.
beerchug.gif

(ranman @ Jan. 06 2007,15:11) looks good.
for the bolt try some silcone spray or something heaver than wd for the bolt.  
beerchug.gif
+1 on what Ranman said and if that dosen't help , I would sell the Busa as soon as possible ! Before it's too late ! You could use the money as a downpayment on that new Hummer you've been wanting !
wink.gif

Hit up a gun shop and get a bore brush....wire if they have it. Pull it thru the bolt a few times to loosen the surface oxidation, then put a little grease on the brush, pull it thru to coat the inside.

I need to clean my front sprocket cover as well, I'm more afraid now since mine has 17,000miles on it and I doubt its ever been cleaned. Might do it now since the plastics are all off. I was going to wait until I get the new chain on, since its also stock! Any tips or tricks? Or is simple pull the 4bolts, wiggle and clean....curious about the clutch pushrod, any worries there?

Charlie

Wait a minute, what's wrong with using a garden hose?

I have washed my Busa once (yes it is very dirty right now) but I did use a garden hose. what's up?

opportunity presented itself to you kevin i hope you took advantage of it.
that was the perfect chance to put the 16 toother on there.......
beerchug.gif

Good job Kev,you fergot to mention that you and I were having 'phone sex' while you wer doin it!!! LOL
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yup...I'ma bobo!!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(brendanp @ Jan. 06 2007,18:02) Good job Kev,you fergot to mention that you and I were having 'phone sex' while you wer doin it!!! LOL
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yup...I'ma bobo!!
That was too much information!
crazy.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(brendanp @ Jan. 06 2007,18:02) Good job Kev,you fergot to mention that you and I were having 'phone sex' while you wer doin it!!! LOL
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yup...I'ma bobo!!
So you saying it was a quick job Brendan?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yup...I'ma bobo!!
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Too_much_godamn_info__.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Well, I did it. I had to really, 17,000 miles and it was never done. The clutch pushrod had about 4oz of gum on it alone. I really can't see how the Busa was able to move with so much crap in there, incredible.

(CAT3 @ Jan. 06 2007,16:15) Well, I did it. I had to really, 17,000 miles and it was never done. The clutch pushrod had about 4oz of gum on it alone. I really can't see how the Busa was able to move with so much crap in there, incredible.
Good job
beerchug.gif
I'm going to do it regularly now that I know how much sh*t builds up in there

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yup...I'ma bobo!!
OMG I did firget. I was holding my cell with my shoulder for 27 mins! After we hung up my damn neck hurt so bad
laugh.gif

Bren - was it good for you?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(Spike @ Jan. 06 2007,16:24) Wait a minute, what's wrong with using a garden hose?

I have washed my Busa once (yes it is very dirty right now) but I did use a garden hose.  what's up?
nothing at all. personal preference.
beerchug.gif

I am about to change the oil in my bike so I will do this while I have all the plastics off. Maybe I will order that spocket and swap that while I am in there too.

(unkleslapnutz @ Jan. 07 2007,01:29) I am about to change the oil in my bike so I will do this while I have all the plastics off. Maybe I will order that spocket and swap that while I am in there too.
You take the left side off to change your oil?

Back