Took a Reno Stampede route ride Friday.

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
Pacemaster, two other FOG members and I took avantage of beating the holiday trafic Friday to enjoy some of our more favorable ride routes before they become clogged with vacationers.
Started out with coffee at the north Carson City Starbucks.
Then it was north towards Reno and up the Mt. Rose Hwy to the summit for a short break.....
Then off and running down around the north end of Tahoe, a quick lunch at a burger joint in Kingsbeach, then onward through Truckee to Sierraville. Gorgeous day, light winds and more importantly, no more remaining winter road sand.
To be continued............

100_3068.jpg

100_3069.jpg

100_3074.jpg

100_3076.jpg

Gassed up in Downieville and I took a quick pic of the Yuba River that runs along the southly side of town. Yippee..........a quick tire inspection revealed no remaining chicken stripes................you guys gonna love this ride!! :thumbsup:

100_3087.jpg

100_3088.jpg

We turned around and back tracked from Downieville because the skies started looking like it might rain. Our last stop on the returning journey was at a scenic rest area on the Tahoe side of Mt. Rose Hwy. Took a couple more pics, one of Pacemaster and the thunder storm that we barely beat on the way home in the background! The last shot is looking down on Incline Village.
All in all it was great day and enjoyable company........ Rob on his 08 Connie-14 and Mike riding his 01 Bandit 1200.
270 round trip miles with lots of memory making stops and BS sessions along the way!:beerchug:

100_3092.jpg

100_3094.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics. Grats on what looks to be a very enjoyable and scenic ride. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

D

Is it time for the stampede yet?????
Soon my friend, you'd best get them bags packed! :beerchug:
By mid July you and ole Spudnut, or whatever his handle is (:laugh:), will be sweltering down your way and needing a cool down, a chilly 90ish up here by then. I hear tell it can get to 110 degrees down your way in mid summer? WHEWWW!!!

Back