Sierraville/Downieville Saturday Ride

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
The FOGs hit the trail this morning to scope out the Sierraville/Downieville loop ride that Cap, UncleSteve, Scar, Lisa, Raydog, BA Busa, Pacemaster and I rode last July during the Reno Stampede. Still a bit messy (sand) up top on Yuba Pass, but once we dropped elevation on the other side headed west towards Downieville and eventually into Nevada City, everything was A-OK! Robster on his Connie-14, Big John and his charming spouse aboard their Connie-14, Pacemaster and I had a blast! First thing that may come to mind here is "yikes", the two up Connie probably slowed things down......................WRONG! We were clipping along as spiritedly for that twisty route as we ever do, John and Robster both can handle those big Connies as if they were riding sportbikes!
Pics to follow, Ralph taking a break in old Nevada City where we had lunch and the two Connie guys BSing while John's wife Ginger smiled for the camera. Next few pics was a gas up at one end of Nevada City prior to heading home via SR20 and Hwy80. Ralph, Robster and I split off and headed up Tahoe way and took a pic or two while we tried desperately to warm up prior to heading for Carson City. Still cold up that way, especially today with a slight nagging wind coming off the lake. All in all, we had an absolute blast! :beerchug:

100_3780 (Large).jpg

100_3778 (Large).jpg

100_3783 (Large).jpg

100_3784 (Large).jpg

100_3786 (Large).jpg

One more pic of the Silver Bullet..................she got all dirty up there, but lots of TLC in the garage after the ride toinght and she's back to her old gorgeous self.
I am one weird dude.....................I NEVER retire for the evening until my bike is spotless! You get that way when you're old................I guess??:laugh:

100_3782 (Large).jpg

Jimbo...those pix bring back so many awesome memories.

Thanks for checking out some of our upcoming awesome routes.

I've heard fantastic things about those Connies, too. A great all-rounder.

Looks like you had a great time, and I sure am looking forward to the Stampede, brother...when we get to spank some trails again!!!

:cheerleader:

:beerchug:

Last edited:
Don't be mad Bosshound..like i said before the logistic's of hooking are imposssible at this time of year.. we were to be i Stead North of Reno at 10 am.... you Sac guy's would have frozen solid trying to get there...Jimbo's understatement about being cool up there.
It was just plain freezing at 6000-7000 feet elevation. :whistle:

Those are some great pics that you were able to share with us! Those big Kawi's are some nice lookin bikes. A lot of are local law enforcement are switching over to those.

Those are some great pics that you were able to share with us! Those big Kawi's are some nice lookin bikes. A lot of are local law enforcement are switching over to those.
Believe it or not, the black 2009 in the pics was purchased from Jason Britton last November, with only 800 miles on the odometer.

Nice pics Jim! Looks like a good time had by all....except for the freezing part of course, but that comes with the territory when your searching out great twisties.:laugh:

Dan

Back