Riding with the ememy....

Nice bike you have there, and those 1441s look really mean too.
Thanks...my 01 has been around the block quite a few times now.. i beat on it HARD...but never speed shift it...ever hear about 2nd gear issues.
So far so good..it uses a little oil during track day's.. but not on the street.. saturdays street ride 345 miles First gasup i got 54.3 mpg's ...???

Its hard to not like a blacked out bike................even if it is a Cowasaki :laugh: Looks like that would have been a blast riding with them :thumbsup:

Hey Raypup! How goes it? Jimbo is back. Ha.............Ralph could be on a 250 and still beat most of us out there, me included, no matter what I was on!:laugh:
Hey, but seriously, I have never been aboard a more powerful motorcycle in all my 40 years of riding, 210hp at the crank and 190 at the wheels. Ricky G. got a 9.25 @ 151 out-of-the-crate! The all new ZX14R for 2012 now has 1441cc, up from last year's 1352 and has three modes of traction control, slipper clutch and beefed up suspension that puts an ear to ear grin on my face in the twisties; she tracks like she's on rails, to me, it's unbelievable. The seat is more comfy and riding position is ever so slightly tilted upward so that mega mile riding is a breeze for an old geezer like me. This is the first motorcyle I have ever riden that does not have buzzy mirrors to look through. I loved both my busas, but like the mag and youtube reviews state, the new ZX14R has taken it to the next level. We did Sierraville/Downieville the other day and I fell in behind Ralph, as usual and stayed right with him with much less effort than when I was on the busa. Haven't even broken her in yet, still keeping it at a max of 6,000RPM. Anyway, the only downside to all this is that the ZX14 forums aren't all that great. They don't even come close to the one and only ORG for friendliness and that down to earth family environment. I love you guys and hope you don't black ball me for posting up occasionally. I made a very expensive mistake by buying a new 2012 SS 6-spd camaro last November after I sold the busa. I sold it a month ago...............all it did was sit in the garage and collect dust. Nice car, but 4 wheels just don't do it for me anymore. I was the one that got the old FOG crew together again, most of my "lost sheep" barely even went riding this season, Ralph included, except for the Stampede. Anyway, take care kids and know that you ride a monster when you throw a leg over your mighty busa!!

\Hi Robert, you old f**t! We gotta get together SOON, bro. How is Russ doing these days??

Jimbo

Hi Jim, bout time you posted! We'll still ride with you on your 14, we wouldn't let you go with us if you were in the Camero however! Look forward to seeing you. Doyle

Before and after............

Jimbo

100_2903 (Large).jpg

P1010553 (Large).jpg

Before and after............

Jimbo
Very nice ... Now do yourself a big favor and go for the gold and get Brock CT pipe and street map .. Drop 32 pounds and pickup some extra hp and tq .. I know the CT is big money but worth every penny !!! I'm using the Alien head on mine but it's a bit too much sound for most guys on the street .. The CT is deep and smooth on the street .. :beerchug:

Great thread.

I learned a few things....

The bike doesn't make the rider nor vice versa. But a good rider on a good bike can be hard to beat.
The new Kawi is something to behold because it has raised the bar in a few areas.
I still don't like the grills or front end, change those and ima thinkn'.
It doesn't really matter because as long as I don't get run over or total the bike as happened with my 97 Zx11 I'll be the 'Pacemaster' riding my ten yr old Busa and not caring about it. The bike I have now will always be more than I can ever use or overcome so I'm happy with my ole slopoke GenII :laugh:

Glad y'all had a good ride.

Did the Kawi need to go over 1400 to compete with the Busa? Thats what I took from looking at the changes to both from 99 till present. To be honest it really doesnt matter as far as Im concerned as top speed is going to be hit maybe three times in the bikes life on the street for most riders. I too dont really like the fins but oh well. Nice that you can get the best of both and give us ride reports to boot :thumbsup:

Great to see you back on 2 wheels Jimbo, missed you at this years Busa Stampede.

Great to see you back on 2 wheels Jimbo, missed you at this years Busa Stampede.
Thanks Wolfman! Maybe Scar will let me join you guys on a ride or two next year.
Got this baby all broken in and ready to try out some..................hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................shame on me.................high speed sprints in the desert this Saturday.
So far so good, I'm really diggin' the way she handles the twisties. Changing oil and filter was a breeze, no plastics to remove, BUT, when it comes time to check the air filter, FIVE fairing pieces have to be removed! ARGGHHH!!

Thanks Wolfman! Maybe Scar will let me join you guys on a ride or two next year.
Got this baby all broken in and ready to try out some..................hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................shame on me.................high speed sprints in the desert this Saturday.
So far so good, I'm really diggin' the way she handles the twisties. Changing oil and filter was a breeze, no plastics to remove, BUT, when it comes time to check the air filter, FIVE fairing pieces have to be removed! ARGGHHH!!
Filter change is easy .. Only 3 parts to remove ..Top covers have 3 screws each side .. Tank cover has 3 screws ..Done .. If you want to pull all the body work i have a video that tells what to do .. .. 2012 ZX14R removing body work .. - YouTube

Jimbo you know you would be welcomed to ride with us. BUT, no more Shiny Busa Award for you :laugh:

Back