Sierra FOGs do Wentwoth Springs and Downieville loop.

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
The FOGs went out in force today and had a great time. Ralph, John, Robster and I met up at the local Starbucks in Carson City, then headed for a fun day's ride. Picture perfect weather for a spirited run over hwy 50 and up Ice House Road and then Wentworth Springs Road on into Georgetown for a burger and gas up. After lunch we assaulted hwy 49 on into Downieville. And low and behold, who do we run into? Why ole Raydog (Doyle) himself all by himself and looking like he wanted some riding company en route back home to Reno! So, the five of us headed east towards Sierraville and home.
Hey Raydog? Who was that on the Silver 09 that was riding your tail all the way up and over Yuba Pass out of Downieville? :laugh:
All in all, we had a great time today, well over 300 miles of intense twisties found me pulling in to garage just shy of 7:00PM completely spent but feeling good.

100_4037 (Large).jpg

100_4042 (Large).jpg

100_4043 (Large).jpg

100_4045 (Large).jpg

100_4047 (Large).jpg

Jim,
Next time give a heads up, I wouldn't mind meetin up with you guys for a couple miles of twistys.
I most certainly will Gene! I'll add you to my "FOG Alert" emails for upcoming ride proposals. I already include Bosshound and Pardini, but I think they, or at least Russ is, planning on riding Sunday with the JaBoBs (Just another bunch of bikes) club.

Yea that was an intense ride...Holiday weekend and all....how many cars did we pass...100's i'm sure. A good time ..we froze we sweated and froze all in the same day...
1000's of curves.. woohoo.
The 2 guys ride Connie 14's in the pic....John and Rob... they know how to get it....ON
:thumbsup:

IMGP5535.jpg

IMGP5533.jpg

It was great riding with you guys again, and finally meeting John and Rob. I have a whole new admiration and respect for those Connie 14's! He was going so fast on that black one that for me to pass would have been to pretend I was on the track....and as you both know (Jim and Ralph) that's why we are healthy and capable FOG's, we know when it's hammertime and when it isn't! Jim, I bet those 3 friends of yours on the Yammie R-1's would be quite surprised had they ridden the roads with us! Anyways, great time, lookin forward to next time. Doyle ps below is a pic of the "Dyno Drags" I was telling you about when my Busa made the Harley crowd silent and scratching their heads because it made 55 more HP than a 120 cu in S&S motor!

P1000669.JPG

Back