Too old to ride a Hayabusa

philhoward1

Registered
I am being told by some that at the age of 58 a Busa is to much for me and I should be an old Harley man or give up bikes completely!
What are your thoughts on this everyone......am I the oldest here?

You are not the oldest, I believe we got members here in the 60s maybe 70s, if thats what you like go for it.

:welcome: aboard!

Thanks 4life, Sorry if I have misled you, I own a 2009 Busa and am well happy with it, some are suggesting I should get rid!

Hey, I'm 62 years young! People also tell me I'm too big for a 'busa (I'm, 6'6", 220#) and that's bull too! I love the bike and ride it all summer long. I love to "spank" the squids in the twisties-then see the look on their faces when I take my helmet off!:laugh: I say if you want one-got for it!

there are a bunch of 60+ around here and a few 70's, haven't met any in their 80's but i'm expecting some of our members to make it there :beerchug: the oldest i've ridden with personally was 76 i believe and he was still making his Bus' get it! :thumbsup:

I am 50 6'3" at 280. I think the busa is perfect for the big guys. I have rode alot of bikes and it is the most comby and the coolest. Meaning the zx14 punchs a hole in the air and let rider fry. In Oklahoma in the summer that is not good. There are a couple of guys around here that raised the handle bars a little and that helps. One put his bike on a diet and removed about 40 lbs and he said that was easier on him. So like a previous poster said, tell them to stick it, as you fly by!:lol:

You'll know when you get too old to ride, but only you will know that. I get a lot of the "mid-life crisis" and "grow up" comments too at 50 years old. But the fact is I feel more like myself when I'm flying through the air 3 feet above the ground than I do sitting in an office being a "grownup". I'm not in great shape but I can sit on a Busa for 9-10 hour days without any problem, so why stop something I love so much? The only concession I have made for age is that I don't ride too long without a 10-15 minute rest (usually for gas), I keep hydrated, and I don't let myself get too hot or tired.

I many ways the 45-65+ years are the best time to be on a bike. The kids are old, you have more money to buy good equipment, insurance is reasonable, you can take time off from work, and most of all you have control of the testosterone so you don't act like an idiot.

I'm 56 and when I got my Busa last year a lot of my friends said I was crazy.
So keep the bike and enjoy yourself, don't let people make you old before your time.

Rant on:

F' that, f' them! :moon:

Ride your ride brother!!! I am almost 47 and quite frankly am tired of hearing that crap from people who are afraid of their own shadows! I am most tired of them telling my wife I am going to "die on that thing".

I have over 40 years of saddle time. They don't get it and never will. WE GET IT and welcome you.

Rant off:

:thumbsup:

Just because they got old and forgot how to have fun doesn't mean you have to join them in their misery.

First time posting on this forum.
Funny thing , I turn 57 today and saw this
Post. I got rid of the Harley 10 years ago and
Have been on a sport bike since. Bought my 08 busa
New and never get off it without a smile.
Love my busa.

Back