On A Ninja 300

Allthis

Registered
Been riding a Ninja 300 for 2 years, before that I rode a v star 250. That is the extent of my riding experience. I would like to upgrade to a Hayabusa in a another year or so of riding and I am 62 years old. I like riding the Ninja and it is teaching me plenty, did not care for the V star though, but I get the usual comments that a guy my age should be on a Harley. I am pretty fit for my age. I love everything about the Hayabusa except the comments about it getting out of control but I can appreciate the thought. No other bike interest me as much as the Hayabusa except maybe the VFR 800 and that's a big maybe.

If you sit on it and find it comfortable, buy one.
The rest is all in the wrist.
You can creep around on the Busa all day, and never know you have any more power than a 250.
But, twist it and hold on.
Try to keep the smile off your face.. you can't, it's a rocket.
It also has adjustable suspension.
Suspension sag should be set to you the rider's weight, including gear.
Do this, and you will be amazed at stock handling. The average rider will never use all of the Busa's ability. Which doesn't matter either.
It does everything well, and can be modded to what you want or need it to be.
Go try a few.
Welcome to the org.

I'm 61 and love this thing the busa. I rub it and call it my baby. Smooth hump and shiny too. Yeah I been told the same thing, you should be on a harley. When I pull my helmet off, their mouths drop, wow an old man on a busa. Then they start the crap, isn't it a sport CRUISER and I say yes so I hear, but it's real fast. Get one, you will love it. They have great prices on them. Saw a brand new black 2016 in Palmdale for $11,700, now that's a good price.

Thanks for the answers the rest is up to me, one more season on the Ninja, one more course and full M license. Learning curve is a little slower when you take riding a motorcycle later in life so I take advantage of everything I can, plus being patient....but not too patient, our summer is short in Canada and the sled comes out.

Thanks for the answers the rest is up to me, one more season on the Ninja, one more course and full M license. Learning curve is a little slower when you take riding a motorcycle later in life so I take advantage of everything I can, plus being patient....but not too patient, our summer is short in Canada and the sled comes out.
Hi And welcome! If you like it buy it it only goes as fast as you want. I will be 69 next year and I love my 1999. Well when I make it faster I will love it even more! We are not to old. When I had my ZX11 with a 1300 kit and NOS I was in a DD a kid 17 or 18 cane in and said to me do you own a ZX11? I said yes I do. He said the word on the street was do not race the old guy with the ZX11.

One of the best features of the Busa is how smooth it is. The ride is smooth and so is the power delivery.
It only goes as fast or as slow as you want it too. I haven't heard of anyone buying one and regretting it under normal circumstances.

Just remember life is short - don't wait too long to get one.

Back