Tires...

Enricqque

Registered
I have a completely stock 2006 Hayabusa and am looking to replace my stock OEM tires on the bike. My questions follow:

1) What is the best stock size replacement tire for the Hayabusa?
2) Taking into account the weather of the mid-Atlantic, what is the best tire to put on a Hayabusa?
3) Since I need to replace my OEM tires, what is largest tire size I can put on the stock 17" rims? My bike currently has 190/55/17 on it, and I am thinking of something like a 200 or 220 series tires. Will the larger size tires affect performance/handling? Will the larger tires be able to fit without rubbing against anything?

Thanks in advance for you guys advice and expertise...

Enricqque

I have a completely stock 2006 Hayabusa and am looking to replace my stock OEM tires on the bike. My questions follow:

1) What is the best stock size replacement tire for the Hayabusa?

My opinion, but I would put oem sizes back on.

2) Taking into account the weather of the mid-Atlantic, what is the best tire to put on a Hayabusa?

You will get many opinions on this one.

3) Since I need to replace my OEM tires, what is largest tire size I can put on the stock 17" rims? My bike currently has 190/55/17 on it, and I am thinking of something like a 200 or 220 series tires. Will the larger size tires affect performance/handling? Will the larger tires be able to fit without rubbing against anything?

A 200 series tire should fit, but different brands may give you issues.

Thanks in advance for you guys advice and expertise...

Enricqque

Good luck, you will get a weath of informations regarding tires. Welcome to the oRg!

200 will fit with no issues. what is your riding style, touring, corners, etc. let me know if you need a set of tires.

My riding style is varied. I like to ride fast sometimes, I like to also take the Busa into twisties (which alot of guys don't), so I need some tires that can handle the weather conditions of the DC area. Hot summers, unexpected rain showers, stuff like that. I have been looking at Dunlop G2's, Metzlers, and Pirellis...

Pirelli Angels are supposed to be really nice tires for sport touring. I use the Diablos, never had a problem but since they're a softer compound than touring tires they won't get you the 6-7k miles per tire. It'll be more like 3500-5k miles depending on riding style.

3) Since I need to replace my OEM tires, what is largest tire size I can put on the stock 17" rims?
Enricqque

They've answered the back, I'm going to throw this in just in case...don't know why you would want to but don't go any larger on the front~!~

Even the stock size tire scrapes the fender at speed

Michelin Pilot Road 2s. They are great for the twistys and they last in the middle for straight roads. I got 10000 out of my last set, about 4000 on this set and do not expect to replace them until August. I just ordered another set from competition accessories for 282 to my door for the set. Cant beat that. JMO :)

i always ran a 190/55 on my busa. the 55 gave the tire a taller profile which helped with tunr in and it also gives you a bigger footprint when your leaned over. i always ran the dunlop qualifiers. mileage was decent and they had excellent grip.

Back