stock 08 largest rear tire

chrisrod

Registered
What up everyone? Im new on this site, looking 4 some info on my bike. I can't stand the stock tires on my bike and love the look of a really wide back tire. Wondering on a stock bike what is the largest tire I can put on the rear. Thinking of going with the Mis piolits. Thanks 4 the input.

Its not much bigger than stock, as far as I know, maybe 200 or 210. You should probably look into a 240 kit.

Also, :welcome: to the .org, its nice to have some more CT guys to ride with!

I know a 200 will fit for sure I have done it...I wouldn't go any bigger because the tires flex with braking road bumps etc...

Thanks, I am looking into the 270 kit and I would like to extend the swing arm but money is a factor and I'm not 100% sure what I want to do yet. I wanted a 300 kit but after reading a few threds its prob not such a good idea living in CT.Alot of curvy roads.

Thanks, I am looking into the 270 kit and I would like to extend the swing arm but money is a factor and I'm not 100% sure what I want to do yet. I wanted a 300 kit but after reading a few threds its prob not such a good idea living in CT.Alot of curvy roads.

Please sir, show me these twisties of which you speak. :poke:

240 is a a good compromise but 200 Shinkos look like 210s. Illusion of course, just wider center thread
Posted via Mobile Device

240 is a a good compromise but 200 Shinkos look like 210s. Illusion of course, just wider center thread
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with what he said

100_0350.jpg

The stock tires just dont seem to grab the road as good as the tires I had on my old bike which I belive where dunlop.Had a TL1000 and it seems like I used to lean that bike over a lot more than my busa and that bike was top heavy. I still lean this one over but more on nice hot days. And there are tons of roads around CT that have a lot of curvs. How much is it to do that 240 kit the right way but with a budget? Seems like some people spent some $$$ on it. I dont need fancy rims or anything just going to black them out.

Back