200 rear tire on stock 08 busa

Shift

Banned
Are there any advantages or dis-advantages of having a 200 rear tire on a stock bike instead of a 190?
What's better on a stock 08 busa, 200 rear or 190?

I could not tell you what is better, but for me i kept the 190 also Welcome

Last edited:
I have run both, dont notice much of a difference after all we are talking 10mm here(most people are happy wit it but i think its not so much that its a 200 its that they have a nice new tire)
the 200 is heavier and a bit taller as well, the 190 will corner much better
the 200 may give you a slight traction advantage at the drag strip but its very fractional...

You will notice it at the track and in the twisties. I trap 3mph slower at every track with a 200 over a 190. Also, I notice that the 200 takes much more effort in my opinion on these back Kentucky roads!

I'm running a 200 on my turbo, I like the 200. It's a tight squeeze between my Elka shock can and my chain, but it fits.

P.

i just ordered a 190/55 hopefully the twisty's will be slightly easier

:beerchug: That's the tire that I'd like to try to run next time!

200=more straight flat out traction (wider tire).
190=better cornering (narrower tire).

by how much :dunno:

:welcome:

200 on mine (Avon Storm) and there is no noticable difference in the twisties... get which ever one you want and go ride :laugh:

I think the 190 is on there for a reason. But I run a 180 on mine.. I go to the drag strip alot and 180's are cheaper, lighter, and they spread out more giving me a wider contact strip (with the bike perpendicular to the asphalt) from tire to road. 200's bow out more making the contact strip smaller, they are heaver, and cost more. But its all in what you like..

Back