Tires for the Busa

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
I have 4K on the Busa and she is in need of a new set of rubber. Currently, she has the Bridgestones that the manufacturer put on her. Started out riding her like a cruiser and then found out she likes to be aggressive. Was thinking about getting the Battlax BT-014s or Dunlop 208s. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Metzeler Sportec M-1. I love them in the corners!! Can't really vouch for the milage though; I had to replace the rear w/less than 1000 miles on it because of a nail.
sad.gif

Most of the top brands z rated tires are good. Just stay away from real soft tires unless you have all curves around you. BT 12 & 14 have been good to me.

I have had the stockers, the 208 and now the M1s. I have to say I'll probably be putting the M1s on unless i switch to the pilot powers.

I've noted on this board the Metzler M1s seem to be the most popular. I prefer the Pirelli Diablo [which is same tire bascially] because of the cool Italian name.
smile.gif
Oh, and they handle GREAT for me

I had 208s on my bike without any problems. Just watch out when they're cold.

If you want better mileage with good grip go for Metzeler Roadtec Z6, Avon AV45/46, or Michelin Pilot Road...in that order
cool.gif
. I'm currently running a Pilot Road in back and a Pilot Sport up front. Next tires will be the Z6.

yeah I have heard the avon's get great milage.... havent seen the Z6 but will have to check it out
cool.gif
cuz I'll need tires before toooo long and I will likely buy them now so I dont have to wait "during the season" for them. amazing, dealers can always find time to put them on .... pretty worthless sometimes for getting them in stock though
rock.gif

I have the 208 on mine now still a little harder than I would like, someone had the Pilot Powers on there, wanted to find out what type of milage they got. I have about 5,200 on the 208, stock one only lasted about 4,400 before it was done. Anyone getting more than 4,000 out of the Pilot Power?

You may want to take a good look at the Bridgestone BT-014's. I am on my fourth set and I dearly love them. I run them hard right out to the bitter edges and have never had one slip. They just stick like glue and what's really nice is they warm up very quickly. I tried the 208's and found them to work fine when they were hot but boy howdy, those puppies are really slippery when they are cold. I never trusted them while riding in the winter because they never seem to get hot enough to be sticky.

Buy whatever Z rated tire you like? You'll never out ride any of the quality tires on the streets and you never get any of them hot enough on the streets to reach there optimum operating temperature.

However, the latest and greatest technology for street tires seems to be the dual compound tire like the Bridgestone BT-014 or the Dunlap 218. I have no experience with the 218 but I'm sure it's a fine tire.

I ride those puppies as hard as anybody I think and I get up around 5K miles on the 14's. I usually wear out the front one first from wheelies.

If you like to do wheelies, stay with a nice round tire like the 14 or the 218. If you go with the Pilot Powers you'll be disappointed when it comes to wheelies. Any tire with the aggressive pointy race profile is a poor choice for wheelies.

I've had the best luck with the 208s. I get about 3500 miles out of the rear, and they do well enough for me in the twisty stuff. Just my 2c.

I've had the best luck with the 208s. I get about 3500 miles out of the rear, and they do well enough for me in the twisty stuff. I liked the M1s but I get a little better mileage out of the 208s and they're a little cheaper. Just my 2c.

Back