Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
Michelin Pilot Powers
Pirelli Diablos
Avon Azaro SPs
Bridgestone BT-014s
Dunlop D208s

I've rode on Dunlops, Michelins and now ride on Avons . Im in need of a set now and was wondering which set you guys are most happy with and how they work for everyday riding with a little sport riding thru the twisties now and then .

PICT0034.JPG

I like my BT-014's. I do alot of commuting on my busa and the occasional ride through the Florida "twisties". I'm averaging 5-7K miles on a rear tire. But, I change out my tires before they get 3/4 through the wear indicators.

Mine are almost on the wear bars now , so Im gonna order them tomorrow from work. Luckly Parts Unlimted gives us great dealer cost for all of them .
jump9.gif

I like the Pilot Sports on the Busa and the Metzler's on the 1000.
Heard the Pilot Powers are real sweet, but no first hand exp. with them

i ordered some pilots wed, should b here tuesday and on the bike wed. ill let u know 1st impressions. i use to LOVE D208's... but been hearing enough praise 2 decided 2 try a pair out.

Got a set of Diablos going on the bike now and a set of Powers as a backup. Will be too late for you, but I'll let folks know what I think of 'em.

How do you ride and what do you ride...these are the questions. If you ride hyway, few twisties and put a Met M1 sportec or a diablo on, it will last about 2500 miles and you will be pissed. Better to go with one of the new dual compound tires. If you ride the a** out of it in the twisties, diablo, sportec, powers are all good choices. I have sportecs and absolutely love them...a rear will last me about 2000 miles, just the way it is....small price to pay for the confidence they give me going onto a 35 mph corner at 70....on damp pavement.

yeah, i agree w/ cuffee. i recently threw the 200mm 014 on, and wow, just anall around fantastic tire. solid, sticky, quality! even @ 206.432 MPH!!! (GPS)
wink.gif

Michelin Pilot Powers
Pirelli Diablos
Avon Azaro SPs
Bridgestone BT-014s
Dunlop D208s

I've rode on Dunlops, Michelins and now ride on Avons . Im in need of a set now and was wondering which set you guys are most happy with and how they work for everyday riding with a little sport riding thru the twisties now and then .
Whats your opinion of the Avons? I am trying to decide what to order since mine are on the way out.

Diablo corsas, pilot powers, metzler sportec M1s. Which ever I can get the cheapest.

Earthdog ,
I've liked the Avons but not quite as confidence inspiring like the Michelin Pilot Sports I've run in the past . They turn in fast like the Pilots but give up a little in traction especially when cold.
wink.gif

By the way I will probably order the Pilot Powers tomorrow since everybody was closed today because of the holiday except for us unlucky few that work in retail .
sad.gif

I run the metzler M1P, the "P" indicates the tire designed specifically for the hayabusa. It is rated at a 190 but is a 198mm tire. The compound is sticky enough to drag race without spinning and seems to last fairly well. Other that the M1P the only other tire i will run is a shinko. Hope this helps.

I've have to replace my rear tire also (got stuck in the rain twice now, and that is not a great feeling when your on the wearbar!!)

My driving is accelerate as hard as a can, turn a bit, but I'm not a a knee scaper (yet)

Would appreciate some idea's

My front is a Batalax BT56f

P.S. The fatter the tire, the better (for looks that is!)

Had Powers on my SV .. great tire .. quick warm up and sticky as hell .. straight line wear would suck thou. as with any tire of this type .. but at least you know u got one of the best tires money can buy.

I just put on the Powers only have about 200 miles on them, I had 208 before good tires got 5,800 out of them, so far the powers have been impressive, held the corner even with a dirt and crap on the road thought for sure I would have went down or slid.

Back