Dunlop GPR 300 tires

Red05

Donating Member
Registered
I did a search but since these are fairly new I couldn't find anything. Anybody have experience with Dunlop GPR 300 tires? I need to buy a set of tires quickly (by the weekend) and my choices in this very unfriendly motorcycle city are limited. I just wore out a set of Pilot Road 3's which I liked very much and some Q2's before that, but the Q3's or Pilot 3's are not quickly available. My only other choice is the Bridgestone Battlax, and the profile of those just doesn't seem to fit my style.

I had the GPR300s on my Gen 1 last year. Got 8k miles out of them before I wrecked the bike. Only issue I had was two instances on wet pavement where the back end wanted to brake loose but that may or may not have been my fault.

Ran GPR300s on my Gen-2. Worked fine for my type of riding (moderate pace, more touring). Rear wore out at 6000 miles, front still OK.

Great tire, would get it again.

Needed them on tonight. Timing is everything :) My bad on not planning better. The front just seemed to suddenly disintegrate during one sporty ride.
How soon you need them? The Dunlop Q3s are on Amazon prime...2 days.

Not saying they are bad tires but PR5s are the only tire I'll ever run. If I desperately needed tires and couldn't wait, GPR300s would do.

Got them mounted, scrubbed and took a couple of long two up rides. I like the profile; turn in is right for me though that's a personal thing. I almost always ride this bike two up, not super aggressively so the 300s are adequate for sure. Good looking tread pattern when you walk up :) Thanks for the input guys.

Back