Dunlop Q3 warning..

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
The local guy I buy tires from has been warning people on FB lately, thought I'd share. He's been having multiple sets of Q3 de-laminating. Keep you eyes on your tires if you're runnin' Q3s!

Here's a link showing what they're doing (this isn't my local guy, he owns a shop but this is the issue)

Dunlop Q3's "Delaminating" - Triumph675.Net Forums

Just lookin' out.

Be safe.

After seeing the pics this just looks like cold tearing AKA pushing a tire too hard before its adequately warmed up...I have seen this on countless bikes at the track typically people not running tire warmers.

That was just that forum. My local guy claims they are actually de-laminating..

Dunlop is replacing the tires he's seen this happen with, so I'm assuming it's a problem, not just cold tearing.

I'm just repeating what I hear, trying to give a heads up. If you have the Dunlops, keep an eye on em is all.

Will be keeping an eye on mine.

I wonder if there is a range of dates that might be effected ?
If this is becoming wide spread - shouldn't there be a recall ?

Those pics are NOT a delam. There is a small cut (which happens) and the seam all the way across is nothing more than were the outside layer seams together.

I saw and questioned the same thing on a Q2 once...

The rider of that bike must be 6 foot 12 to heat the tire that much and still have 2" chicken strips:laugh:

The Q3 is a very popular tire at our track events. I've only seen one tire separate at the lap seam like that and it was mounted backwards. That tire didn't create an issue that kept it form running it's life out to the end.

Back