Dunlop Q3+ Are The Real Deal

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
This past weekend at Barber I was following a student who was running a set. He was having issues with his riding style - charging the corner BADLY and having to over-compensate to stay on the track. He would hammer down the front straight with no plan for the corner coming up, then lean waaaay over to make up for the poor entry. He ran off the track 2 laps in a row before we could get to him. I was following him when he ran off the first time, just about to pass and tap my tail at him to get him to pull in so we could talk.

Having said that, his lean angle would get REALLY high and I thought for sure he'd lose it. He ran that Q3+ all the way to the edge of the tire (zero chicken strip on the rear AND the front), and hammer it on the exits, but the tire HELD. I was really impressed. I was on slicks and don't make a habit of leaning that far. There were weepers out and I never even saw the tire twitch...

Two weeks ago, we were at NCM and I was running with a friend on a nice new R1 with a set, and while we were running in the 2:06 range which isn't record pace, we were't putting around either. Same thing, even at high speed lean angles and hard acceleration, that Q3+ was getting the job done (and I checked his tire wear, it smooth as a baby's butt).

I've ridden the Q2 and the Q3 (I liked the Q2 better). Whatever Dunlop did with the Q3+ is impressive. While I've been running slicks and DOT race, I'd be willing to run a set coaching without reservation...I think it's a GREAT tire all the way up in to the middle of Advanced (and maybe more). Doesn't hurt that they are very price-competitive compared to other tires, either!
smile.gif

So anyway, what dealer's on here would sell me a set ?

Back