Tire Repair Kit Ideas? Favs?

PacerX

Registered
My wife and I are going on a long trip to NC from MI, and we'll need a tire repair kit - just in case.

I've got new Dunlops on the Busa and she's got her stock HD tires on her Sportster.

Any kits that have worked out for you that you like and can cover both bikes? Post up!

You're gonna need a plug kit and either a pump, compressor or CO2 inflation kit. Patches likely won't be convenient because you won't be able to get the tire off and on on the side of the road.

Check out your local gas station or Kmart type store for a plug kit with the tool, plugs and cement. It'll get you by for a while.

Good luck.

Your average tire repair kit (with plugs and glue, and a tool), and the Cycle Pump - unbeatable combination (don't ask how I know). I keep both inside my hump, mind you.

Dramatization.

Bike feels funny. You stop. The rear has 10 psi. Looking for a hole. Can't find it. Connect your cycle pump. 3 min later you've got 40 psi. Heard the hissing sound. Found the hole. 5 min later the hole is patched. Smoke for 10 min till the glue cures. Connected cycle pump. 1 min later 38 psi. Good to go.
beerchug.gif

Forget about CO2.
__                                      
Igor
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>HumpMod.com</span> <span style='color:darkred'>- The easy way</span></span>

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124303963 -->

In addition to a plug tool and kit, I carry one of those compressed cans of "Fix-a-Flat" or whatever it's called. It forces sealant into the the hole, if it's a small enough one and pumps up the tire at the sametime. Good enough to get you to a shop or service station, etc.. Heck, you're gonna end up throwing the tire away anyway and getting a new one so no biggie with that sealant in there.

Hey IG thanks for the link i actually have been looking for something like that to replace the canisters granted i have yet had to use them

Back