Emergency tire repair kits?

gwhunran

Donating Member
Registered
This is not a topic I have seen posted. I am considering getting one of the emergency tire repair kits such as the "Pocket Tire Plugger", "Stop and Go", or one of the others to get me to a shop or home so that I can then get the tire replaced. Sometimes it might be pretty hard to get someone to come pick the bike up or get a tow truck to come do it. Do any of you have any experience with these kits? If so, what do you think?

I don't want to leave the bike on the side of the road, till I can get back with the truck.

Check your local Super Wallyworld. They sell the Bell line of motorcycle stuff at the one near me. I think I paid $8.00 for the plug kit. For air, buy a small mini compressor and a cigarrete lighter plug to alligator clamp adapter (or just cut the plug off and install some alligator clamps). Hook it to your battery and you're good to go.
I bought the mini compressor at Meijers for something like $10 or $15 bucks. With a bit of wiggling it will fit in the under seat storage area along with my Python cable, tool kit and flat tire plug kit. If you really want to go small just remove the guts from the plastic housing and tape off any exposed wires...there isn't much in there! It'll take less space than all those stupid CO2 canisters needed to fill just one rear tire and you won't have to spend a fortune on replacing them.

I posted pics, but I installed a small compressor and 6ft of air line hose. Under the tank, foward of the drivers seat I have a small pouch mounted with some tire plugs, glue, green slime stuff, and the tool needed to put plugs in. ON BOARD air, so I should be able to get home at least. I have AAA for side wall blow outs.

JD

I found that the BMW tire repair kit works the best for me and it's in a small case to boot
cool.gif

I posted pics, but I installed a small compressor and 6ft of air line hose.  Under the tank, foward of the drivers seat I have a small pouch mounted with some tire plugs, glue, green slime stuff, and the tool needed to put plugs in.  ON BOARD air, so I should be able to get home at least.  I have AAA for side wall blow outs.

JD
Do you have the RV AAA membership? Seems to be the only one that covers motorcycles.

I carry a plug kit with C02 bottles and I've never heard of a can of fix o flat working except on tiny pin holes.

Back