Best tire repair kit for long journey

for fix a flat it is. Pretty sure I can get a can of it for 6 bucks at the auto parts store down the street. :laugh:

It has a compressor etc with it too... Pasnits' stuff is waaaaay expensive

Oh hey, it does! It's huge! If you got room for that somewhere and want to use goo instead of a plug go for it. It's certainly better than nothing at all. :thumbsup:

for fix a flat it is. Pretty sure I can get a can of it for 6 bucks at the auto parts store down the street. :laugh:

I don't "want" to use anything at all and as I have brand new tires I think I will be ok but a little insurance can't hurt.... Seems to me the pashnit stuff is expensive ...

It has a compressor etc with it too... Pasnits' stuff is waaaaay expensive

Just remember, you get what you pay for. When it comes to tires it seems you would want the best possible fix until you can get it replaced.

I don't "want" to use anything at all and as I have brand new tires I think I will be ok but a little insurance can't hurt.... Seems to me the pashnit stuff is expensive ...

Nobody "wants" to, flat tires SUCK!! Nails are pretty indiscriminate against how old your tire is.

Best idea that I have seen:

Spare Tire.jpg

Spare Tire.jpg

slime pump and a plug kit.

C02 takes too money canisters to fill a rear tire.

I do not feel that Pashnit's tire repair kit/air compressor is expensive, it costs what it costs because it is top quality and designed specifically for motorcycles. Like many things in life and especially tools I follow one simple basic rule ... Good is not cheap and cheap is not good. The title of the thread is "Best tire repair kit for long journey" so I think this would be the correct answer.

Buy Now: Stop n Go Tire Repair Kits Motorcycle Flat Tire | Pashnit

I do not feel that Pashnit's tire repair kit/air compressor is expensive, it costs what it costs because it is top quality and designed specifically for motorcycles. Like many things in life and especially tools I follow one simple basic rule ... Good is not cheap and cheap is not good. The title of the thread is "Best tire repair kit for long journey" so I think this would be the correct answer.

Buy Now: Stop n Go Tire Repair Kits Motorcycle Flat Tire | Pashnit

I have the pocket kit and the Cycle Pump from Pashnit. Used it last weekend 250 (s)miles from home. Thought I'd wring a coastal excursion outta my balding rear tire. Only made it 1/2 way to Ft Bragg and a rock sliced it bumpin' and grindin' on a goat trail. Plugged it but it still leaked around the edges. The slice was too big and the tread way too thin. Stopped at a little po dunk store to get the fix a flat goop. Made the destination and back home no problems. I de mounted the tire and the plug popped out.

Forget about the CO2 cartridges, they're a false sense of security. Get a pump I love the cycle pump. If it's too much get one of the others, just get a pump of some sort and a plug kit. I like the mushroom plugs but have used the cords too with sucess.

View attachment 217531
I wonder if the 4 cyclinders can be refild?
gurrera

NOPE!

they are the same type cylinders you find in pellet guns. One time use and then replace.

Compare the cost of using and replacing them just one time TO the cost of an electric pump- use multiple times.

Check how many psi 4 bottles give you TO completely filling the tire with an electric pump!

I have the stop n go plug kit and the pump. Used both with great success, at questionable speed and distance.

If anyone is looking at the stop and go pump. SAVE YOUR MONEY. get the slime pump locally its the exact same pump minus the attachments!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I have plugged many tires in my life while out traveling the country. I perfer automotive gummy worms. Local shop will usually give/sell you a couple. Been using a cheap rasper and string plug insert tool for years. Walmart sells a little kit with plugs and rasper and insert fork for a couple of dollars. Compressor for air. I buy a cheapy walmart compressor < about 15 bucks last i looked>. I smash open the case and throw it away. The compressor gets really small without the case. I cut the power cord down to size and add an sae connector. I then power it off my battery tender plug with a larger fuse. I haven't stuck in in the hump yet to see if it will fit as i just got this bike. I should probablly do that today.

Back