Tire Repair Kit / Inflator

MEBusa

Registered
How many riders carry a tire repair kit & inflator on your bikes, while your out riding?

If so, what kind of inflator did you purchase? Whether it's a can of something, or an electric air pump of some sort.

Thanks

I bought this one and am very happy with the quality of the pieces.
All seem very durable. Pashnit was very quick to get it to me.
Can't go wrong with the kit or him.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...27029-under-50-best-tire-repair-fill-kit.html

You better hope one of your buds has a compressor with him. The CO2 is a false sense of security. They MAY work on a good day, if you have enough of them, but when they are spent, leak whatever your hiking.

Get the Cycle Pump or a Slime Comp at least ($40). Some guys buy a cheapie Walmart comp and bust all the plastic off it so its just the motor and pump. Only problem there is the gears are exposed.

Get the Cycle Pump, it fits easily under the seat. A $100 bucks is nothing when faced with leaving your bike on the shoulder and hiking for help. Even when you find some what are you gonna do? Get a ride to go buy a comp?

The SAE pigtail from a battery tender will plug right into the Cycle Pump, no need to even remove the seat to get at the battery. So does your heated gear.

Here's another tidbit. The Cycle Pump comes with a battery cable with two alligator clips and an SAE connector on the other end. Plug the SAE connector into the SAE connector that you have running to the battery for your battery tender, now ya got a set of jumper cables too. I'd toss a few 30 amp fuses in too just in case the dead battery is really dead.

Last edited:
I carry the stop and go tire plug kit, and the small slime compressor under the hump all the time.

On longer trips I'll also throw in a can of fix-a-flat in my bags.

So far have been lucky enough not to need any of this.

You better hope one of your buds has a compressor with him. The CO2 is a false sense of security. They MAY work on a good day, if you have enough of them, but when they are spent, leak whatever your hiking.

Get the Cycle Pump or a Slime Comp at least ($40). Some guys buy a cheapie Walmart comp and bust all the plastic off it so its just the motor and pump. Only problem there is the gears are exposed.

Get the Cycle Pump, it fits easily under the seat. A $100 bucks is nothing when faced with leaving your bike on the shoulder and hiking for help. Even when you find some what are you gonna do? Get a ride to go buy a comp?

The SAE pigtail from a battery tender will plug right into the Cycle Pump, no need to even remove the seat to get at the battery. So does your heated gear.

Here's another tidbit. The Cycle Pump comes with a battery cable with two alligator clips and an SAE connector on the other end. Plug the SAE connector into the SAE connector that you have running to the battery for your battery tender, now ya got a set of jumper cables too. I'd toss a few 30 amp fuses in too just in case the dead battery is really dead.

Hey thanks for the info . I want to do the GenII trunk mod that Sixpack did so I can maybe fit a compressor inside it. Since I use my Frankenstein bolts daily for bungeeing something I don't ride with hump on and I believe this is where most of you carry your comps , right ?
The tire kit I've got has four Co2 carts with it. I've never used the kit or seen it done. Will four fill up the rear tire or not ?

Tim aKa Pashnit....yoooooohoooooooo......(hands on temples and psychically calling him) what's the travelers opinion ?

Tim aKa Pashnit....yoooooohoooooooo......(hands on temples and psychically calling him) what's the travelers opinion ?

Here's just a sample of what we've fixed on the go with the tour company.

How to Fix a Flat Motorcycle Tire | Pashnit Moto

Buy Now: Stop n Go Tire Repair Kits Motorcycle Flat Tire | Pashnit

Img_1635_nail.jpg

Img_1638_nail.jpg

Img_1635_nail.jpg

Img_1638_nail.jpg

It works !
I put my hands on my temples and mentally summoned him !
:laugh:

So Tim how many psi do you think those four Co2 carts will put in the rear tire ?

It works !
I put my hands on my temples and mentally summoned him !
:laugh:

So Tim how many psi do you think those four Co2 carts will put in the rear tire ?

The Cycle Pump fits very nicely under a Gen II pillion, those four CO2 carts aren't much smaller than a Cycle Pump.

I haven't tried inflating a M/C tire with them, but after attempting to inflate bicycle tires using them once or twice I started carrying a hand pump on the bicycle. Lost most of the charge piercing and disconnecting the cart. They are fairly inexpensive, run a test. In fact I've got four somewhere I'll donate to the cause. Seriously, don't rely on them. It's a one shot deal. I've had several flats, you don't want a one shot deal. Almost everyone I ride with has a comp, most have tried the CO2 at some point, they all have comps now. I guarantee you, after your first flat your gonna by a comp anyway. Save the headache.

i picked up the Cycle Pump Combo Kit from pashnit and it fits perfectly in my hump...i knew with as many rides as i try to do and all of the time i spend on the road that i or one of my friends was going to have a flat away from home someday...this should take care of it :beerchug:

click linky

IMG_6384 (Large).jpg

IMG_6385 (Large).jpg

i had the co2 type and my buddy had a flat and it only took 2 things to put his tire good enough to get home.... but if u dont patch/plug the hole correctly ur out of luck.. other than that if u ride far often i would really suggest any pump style one, but if u usually only ride city limits then i would feel safe with c02 type kits

Back