Tire Wear Disappointment

Im trying out a pilot road this time i'll see how much longer it lasts

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114297347 -->

Bill I have run 208s, HPX's & M1's, 10 sets actually. The M1's sevrve me well here in Florida and worked well at the Dragon. I have a friend in Ft Pierce that gives me great prices on whatever tire I buy.

i actually did some math stuff a while back and figured you used something like .12 cents of tire (front/rear both) every mile..  I think that was the end figure I came up with anyway.

that means the last trip to deals gap cost me roughly 63$ in tires alone!!

haha.

figured 2 rears @160$ each, 1 front at@$100 plus mounting $30 for all three and figured all that lasted 5000 miles.

the 'busa ain't a cheap bike to maintain.

<!--EDIT|pure_ego
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114308800 -->

I know...and I've even heard others make such claims BEFORE I bought my Busa but I just never figured I'd ride so hard as to merit such poor milage from a rear tire...but I did...and at 2,433 miles I'm down to the wear bars on the rear.

2,500 miles out of a rear sux imho....so great bretheren of BusaLand....what's my options???

T.I.A. & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
In FL. you use coral instead of rock in the roads. You are doing very well to get that good of mileage. I put tires on new when I winter the bike in FL. 1500-2000 on new tires is all I get.

Seems like you got quite a good mileage on your tire buddy. the busa eats up its tires faster than any other bike i guess!!

Well folks...I just bought this '03 a tad over a month ago with 1,600 on the odo and the rear tire appeared to have at least 1/2 it's tread life left and here at 800 miles later (2,400 on the odo) it's to the wear bars...so...proof that the previouse owner rode real conservative I guess.
rock.gif

I want to thank everyone here who's talken the time and effort to respond as it's apparent that "Tire Wear" is extremely subjective based on local road conditions and personal riding habits.

I've always liked michelins products so I'll probably stick with something in they're line-up...pilot powers or maybe even the pilot roads...as that was the last and best set of tires I had on my FZ1.
biggrin.gif

Thanks again and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back