3,000 on Dunlop Quali Rear and..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
it looks like i might get 3,500 out of it....but the good news?..it appears i'll be able to get 2 rear tires to 1 front as my quali front appears to still have plenty of tread depth left above the wear bars.
biggrin.gif

any other quali users out there experience/feel the same?

T.I.A. and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

That's good to know.

I'm thinking about replacing my current PP on the rear with one.

That mileage is about what I got out of the BT56, and will be close to what I'm getting out of the Pilot Power (maybe slightly more).

cool.gif

I had 2000 miles on my rear before i had to change it after a nail and a razor blade decided to ruin my fun... i still have the tire and i can take a picture of it for you... it looks like it has alot of life left in it... I probably could have gotten over 5000 miles out of mine... I dont get much "spirtited" riding in... mostly just going to and from places, work, school, occasional bike night...

IMG_0537.jpg

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 29 2007,04:04) I had 2000 miles on my rear before i had to change it after a nail and a razor blade decided to ruin my fun... i still have the tire and i can take a picture of it for you... it looks like it has alot of life left in it... I probably could have gotten over 5000 miles out of mine... I dont get much "spirtited" riding in... mostly just going to and from places, work, school, occasional bike night...

IMG_0537.jpg
but the tires bad right?..it took a nail and a razor blade?

yes it is bad because of the razor blade cut... i got the nail about 900 miles after i put it on but my friend plugged it for me... so i ran it for 1000+ miles before i got the razor blade... buddy took the tire off and took it to his place and changed it for me... he as all the stuff to do it at his house... beats leting the dealer do it...
beerchug.gif

I got 2 1/2 rears out of my front Qualifier, front is still rideable but slick in the center. Wouldn't want to get caught in a rain shower on it!

Just ordered a new set of Quali's, but 190/55 rear- should be fun!!

I have about 4k on my front and 2k on the rear. Near as I can guess, about 2-3k more and I'll be ready for a pair.

my qualifier didn't last that long either. Straight ride'n killed mine. I still had plenty of side tread left. Still a good tire
beerchug.gif

I really like the Qualifiers. not the best for milage, BUT there also cheeper. so 6 one way 1/2 dozen the other. IMHO, tires are not the place to save money, skimp on some things, but tires, brakes, safety equipment will save your life. I normally do 2 backs to 1 front. BUT if the front doesn't feel right just change it, not worth the risk IMHO

Which Qualifier are you guys running, the Qualifier III or what? Heard lots of good about them, but when I stopped in Cycle Gear seen they have a few different models.

(CAT3 @ Apr. 29 2007,20:28) Which Qualifier are you guys running, the Qualifier III or what?  Heard lots of good about them, but when I stopped in Cycle Gear seen they have a few different models.
there is only one dunlop qualifier i know about ...
lurk.gif

(CAT3 @ Apr. 29 2007,18:28) Which Qualifier are you guys running, the Qualifier III or what?  Heard lots of good about them, but when I stopped in Cycle Gear seen they have a few different models.
Might be like a 3rd generation of them or something, but only 1 qualifer for sale that i know of.

(Un-Caged @ Apr. 29 2007,11:04) I have about 4k on my front and 2k on the rear. Near as I can guess, about 2-3k more and I'll be ready for a pair.
Make that about 1k more on that rear!
wink.gif

Never got 4 out of one yet.

Back